The Refuge General Manager - ManchesterAn amazing opportunity at Kimpton Clocktower for a dynamic and strategic-minded General Manager to lead our funky team in The Refuge to new heights!
The Refuge is a vibrant and bustling establishment in the heart of Manchester, renowned for its exceptional restaurant and bar experience. Nestled in the historic but with a modern twist - Kimpton Clocktower, we pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service and unforgettable experiences to our guests.
Why don't you click here to have a look at The Refuge??!
At Kimpton, our shared mission is to make lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do, and it's why you'll love the work, too. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests!!
Working at Kimpton is not just about working and it's certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
And OUR passion is YOU...come as you are!
To succeed as General Manager in The Refuge, you will need:
- Restaurant & Bar Experience: We're looking for someone who thrives in the fast-paced world of restaurant and bar management, with a proven track record of success in similar environments, demonstrating your ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve excellence.
- Commercially Drive: You should possess a strong business acumen and be adept at driving revenue and profitability through strategic planning and execution.
- Process & People Management: You must excel in managing both processes and people, ensuring operational efficiency while fostering a positive and motivated team culture.
- Experience Managing Multiple Outlets: While not mandatory, experience in managing multiple outlets would be advantageous. However, we do offer support from an additional team of four managers.
- PR & Marketing Skills (a plus): If you have a flair for PR & Marketing, we consider this a valuable asset that can further elevate our brand and drive growth.
And you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve business objectives.
- GOI profitability focus, including outlet payroll/productivity and cost controls.
- Producing a monthly rolling Restaurant & Beverage forecast in line with budget
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating our team to deliver exceptional experiences.
- Driving sales and R&B revenue growth through effective marketing initiatives and customer engagement.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety, and quality standards at all times.
So, what's in for you as The Refuge's General Manager (just in case you need more persuading):
- Becoming part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family, one of the world's leading hotel companies - which means global opportunities
- Up to 52,000.00 salary - depending on experience, plus a potential earning of 15% annual bonus upon reaching targets
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Taxi subsidy for shifts starting/ending between 23:00-06:00.
- Subsidised childcare support
- Meals whilst on duty
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends - Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world!!
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring - Discounts from over 15,000 stores!!
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Access to our fully funded Employee Healthcare Service 24-7 offering advice and support
Kimpton Clocktower is all about providing a contemporary luxury hotel experience whilst building heartfelt human connections with guests and colleagues - we call it Stay Human. What more could you ask? It's not just the humans who feel this, we extend this to all our furry friends, because our heartfelt connection does not end with humans! Don't believe us, ask our Director of Pet Relations!
Do you have what it takes to be our next General Manager at The Refuge?
We'd love to hear from you.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law..
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.