Event Planning Manager - London
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we are currently looking for a Events Planning Manager to join our team
Welcome to No1 Park Lane
Situated at one of the capital's most prestigious addresses- where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
Our Events Planning Manager have:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience within a Hotel Conference environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 2 years management experience within a hotel commercial office (desirable)
- A solid track record of revenue achievement in the service and hospitality industry is essential for this role.
- You will have strong strategic planning skills, ability to look ahead and strategies in place to support the plans.
- A degree of knowledge of all market segments i.e., corporate, conference and leisure is crucial.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are key.
- It is essential that you are able to work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail.
- Coaching and supporting team members to develop
- Extensive Knowledge of Opera, Delphi, Social Tables and Venue verdict
Our Events Planning Manager to take responsibility & accountability for the management of assigned meetings and events. You will work with the department head, ensuring the team offer a knowledgeable and efficient service whilst having a full understanding of the customer needs. To ensure the team Interact and communicate with all departments ensuring that all accurate information is provided and distributed to the team, and to maximize all sales opportunities ensuring that all standards.
We are committed to offer and provide our Back of House Manager with a competitive salary and a large range of benefits:
- 43,500 salary per annum plus paid overtime and great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- Most importantly, we'll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
- Subsidised childcare support
- Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
- Discounts from over 15,000 stores - all the way from retail to cinema
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we strive to make international travel more alluring by offering a 'Slice of the InterContinental Life':
- We maintain service of the highest standards, intertwined with local cultural wisdom and international know-how
As such, we take our colleagues on a personal and professional development journey to ensure they have the confidence to deliver the best service. We offer a range of self-development resources including personal access to the Headspace app, Mental Health First Aider training sessions all the way to financial wellbeing support. We also offer professional and career development with our IHG Leadership programmes and our partnership with Harvard Mentor.
- We're charismatic, sophisticated, and cosmopolitan...
We deliver a luxury environment to our colleagues by offering wellbeing activities on a monthly basis such as back massages, reflexology and foot doctor sessions. We organise monthly social events and take pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone can thrive and have a place to belong.
- Did you know we're the largest luxury hotel brand?
We offer a large range of benefits to support the financial wellbeing of our colleagues; from discounts on retail and various activities over 15,000 stores; our recognition scheme where we provide monetary bonuses and praises for outstanding work; subsidised taxi journey for shifts starting or finishing between 00:00 and 05:00am to worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all colleagues, their friends and family too!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required. Please click 'apply' now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world's first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you'd like to embrace a world of opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.