Head of Group FP&A - West Midlands
Purpose of the Job:
The Head of Group FP&A is responsible for leading a team of finance professionals and partnering with various departments within the organisation to drive financial performance and support strategic decision-making.
The Head of Group FP&A is a key influencer and advisor to the senior leadership team, providing insights, analysis, and recommendations to drive revenue growth, cost optimisation, and operational efficiency.
This role is responsible for the financial modelling of the 5-year business plan and the tracking of all Stonegate initiatives vs that business plan.
Key Responsibilities – Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning and Forecasting:
- Develop and lead the financial planning and forecasting process for the group. This includes collaborating with divisions functions and finance teams to establish financial targets, preparing financial models, conducting scenario analysis and communicating results to senior management and externally.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to support strategic initiatives, investment decisions and business case evaluations.
- Assess the financial viability of new projects, evaluate potential risks and opportunities, and provide recommendations to drive profitability growth.
Financial Modelling and Scenario analysis:
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial models to support long-term strategic planning, sensitivity analysis and scenario planning.
- Assess the impact of various scenarios on financial performance and guide decision-making processes accordingly.
Business Partnering and Decision Support:
- Collaborate with other departments, such as operations, marketing, and sales, to understand their goals, challenges, and financial requirements.
- Act as a trusted advisor to business leaders, providing financial insights, guidance, and support in achieving their objectives.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve financial performance and operational efficiency.
Lead the project 100 ways or working initiative to identify, support and develop the financial requirements of other departments, particularly operations and commercial and provide them with the dashboard necessary to support their financial objectives.
Lead the project 100 energy and Rhianna initiatives in terms of performance vs business case and identifying opportunities and risks vs the business case.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of finance professionals, fostering a high-performance culture.
- Set clear goals and expectations, provide regular feedback and coaching, and promote professional growth.
- Foster collaboration and cross-functional partnerships within the finance team and across the organisation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or a related field.
• Proven experience in a senior finance role, preferably within the hospitality industry.
• Strong financial analysis and modelling skills with the ability to translate complex financial concepts into clear and actionable insights.
• Solid understanding of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and develop a high-performing team.
• Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities with a focus on driving business performance and growth.
A little bit about us…
The Solihull Pub Support Team offices are light and airy offices in Shirley, Solihull, where you will be greeted by our Welcome Team. We have free onsite secure parking with EV charging and cycle storage, a subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch, as well as an onsite pub used for social events. The offices are fully accessible.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Vitality Healthcare
- Opt in dental insurance programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- The Stonegate discount card offering discounts across our managed estate
- Online benefits portal offering discounts across the High Street and other retailers
At Stonegate Group, we're proud to be the biggest operator of pubs, bars, and late-night venues in the United Kingdom. Our leading brands are diverse and well-known, including names like Slug & Lettuce, Be At One and Popworld. Find out more about a career with Stonegate Group at www.stonegatecareers.co.uk.
If you have a disability as outlined by the Equality Act 2010 and require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.