Sous Chef - Hascombe
Come join our team in our journey to make the White Horse the go to pub in Surrey! We've got some exciting plans to bring the White Horse back to life and are looking for hard-working and friendly people to join our team and come on the journey with us. Anyone with a passion for hospitality and customer service will find a place here amongst our fantastic team.
This 16th-century pub located in Hascombe in the stunning Surrey Hills boasts fresh, British seasonal food accompanied by a great range of local beers and an amazing wine list. Serving walking groups, locals, families and people traveling to see the hills there is never a dull moment in Hascombe. We can't wait to welcome you for a drink with pals, a business lunch, or dinner with friends and family.
Come in for a chat to find out more about where we are taking the pub and how you are going to fit in with those plans!
What we offer our Sous Chefs:
- Autonomy to create your own menus and specials, alongside your Head Chef
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme - Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Access to regular culinary masterclasses and training days to boost your skills
- Access to our Sous Chef - Head Chef development programme
- Free meals
- 20% discount in all Young's pubs and hotels
- Share save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 Days Holiday per year
What we look for in a Sous Chef:
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef, you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
Thanks for your interest in working with Young's. If you would like to be part of our team, apply now!