Head Chef - Chenies
The Bedford Arms is a fantastic locational county pub. Not only do we have a beautiful and cosy traditional pub but we also have a stunning terrace and rose garden, which is popular in the warmer months.
We offer 18 traditional hotel rooms and are a popular destination for both leisure and corporate clients.
We Showcase fresh and in-season British-inspired dishes and have an excellent beer, wine and spirit selection.
The Bedford Arms really is an all-around business with plenty going on for those looking for a rewarding and interesting hospitality career.
What we offer our Head Chefs:
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menus and specials
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme and Development Programmes
- Access to regular culinary masterclasses covering topics such as Game, Butchery and Shellfish
- Access to inspirational food trips with our top quality suppliers
- Regular Chef Forums with other Head Chefs to inspire and develop
- Free meals
- 20% discount in all Young's pubs and hotels
- Share save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 Days Holiday per year
What we look for in a Head Chef:
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams