Fitness Manager - Cardiff
(Flex contracts available)
Reporting to: General Manager
Based: Cardiff Newport Road
The Gym Group is simply the best in our industry! Our amazing teams have skills, abilities and can-do attitudes that make this a great place to work!
We have strong, embedded values and an easy-going culture which ensures we put our people first. We pride ourselves on being fun, innovative, inclusive and engaging and we are now on the lookout for a Fitness Manager to join our amazing LOCATION gym.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today and know that We're With You every step of the way.
What you need to know about us...
The Gym Group is not like your average gym! To our members we're the lowest cost nationwide 24/7 Gym with over 230 gyms and counting! To our teams we are fun, welcoming, engaging and inclusive. We challenge our limits and push ourselves to impact positive change with our goals and initiatives. We take steps into new areas with a real and authentic purpose - It's our mission to break down barriers to fitness for all.
We're #1 in our industry when it comes to our values, our culture and our people - check out Glassdoor if you don't believe us. We offer a fantastic place to work in a great working culture and were recognised as #25 in the Top 50 places to work in the UK in 2022! We may be one of the leading budget gym chains in the UK but there's nothing budget about our investment into our people. We have retained GOLD in our investors in people award for the last 6 years and silver in wellbeing last year. We're recognised as a disability confident and inclusive employer which is something we are truly proud of. We have a brilliant team and opportunities for development and growth with support for success. Having recently undertaken some huge projects from a digital point of view and our plans are to keep being innovative, creative and agile in all that we do.
That's what you're looking for right?
So let us tell you more.
What you need to know about the role...
As a Fitness Manager with The Gym Group you will support the General Manager in the successful running of the gym and will deputise in their absence. You will be passionate about fitness and keen to embrace our members, our teams and embed our culture. You will embody our company values, supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
Your core duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsibility for our member engagement by leading our in-gym service offering with the goal of driving our member satisfaction scores forward.
- Line management & leadership of our team of fitness trainers. Engaging and motivating them to be their best every day. Role modelling the gym groups values.
- Take ownership of our Group Exercise offering by developing the class timetable and upskilling the team to deliver.
- Bring a result driven mindset with a keen interest in driving the commercial performance of the gym.
- Make sure high operational standards on site are met through effective management of cleaning and maintenance check procedures. This includes liaising and management of the 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure there is full compliance to company Health & Safety policies and completion of daily, weekly, and monthly checks.
- Support the GM with onsite admin tasks including rotas, time tracking and security checks.
- Act as a keyholder for the gym in support of the GM, being a point of call-in emergencies.
- You can then PT in the gym around your employed hours, managing your own time and business and retain 100% of your earnings with no annual licence fee.
You are perfect for this role if you...
- Have a passion for health, fitness, well-being, and all-round excellence.
- You thrive off leading teams from the front and by example, happy to get stuck in and set the standard for member experience.
- Have an unwavering commitment to understand the expectations of your members.
- Can work within the compliance parameters whilst delivering the highest service levels possible during the day to day running of the gym.
- Have a proven track record of success and are eager to bring that winning attitude to The Gym.
- Are a Level 2 qualified Fitness Instructor or are currently studying for the qualification.
That's you right? Thought so.
Now we know you are probably already hitting that APPLY button but if not... here's the juicy bit...the perks...
- Paid contractual benefits such as holiday (Inc Bank Holidays) and company sick pay.
- In-house development opportunities as well as support with your career adventure.
- Company save as you earn share plan.
- Flexibility & freedom - we welcome discussions around working flexibly at the gym.
- Discounts with 'MY PT Hub', 'Fit Pro', 'Financial Fitness' and leading training providers.
- Company pension scheme
- A fantastic online social communication and engagement platform with access to amazing benefits and discounts
- Options for season ticket loans
- Employee Assistant Programme supported by our Wellbeing hub
- Cashplan Healthcare Scheme
- A free gym membership for yourself and a friend or family member
So, we've told you all about us and our amazing new opportunity; now it's your turn to hit 'Apply' and tell us about YOU.