Head Chef - The Red Lion - East Haddon
The Red Lion is a warm and welcoming village pub with rooms nestled in the Northamptonshire countryside, just a few miles from Northampton. Serving a sumptuous seasonal menu alongside craft beers, ales and wines to be enjoyed in either our intimate lounge area, large dining room or manicured gardens.
We will provide you with a great package including:
- Competitive salary & Bonus
- 28 days holiday
- Company Pension scheme
- Retail and beer discounts
- Refer a friend Bonus
- Meals on duty
- Cycle to work
- Employee Assistance programme
- Benefits portal
- Career development programme
- Fun culture and great work life balance
- Chef Whites
Your role as Head Chef:
This position is the most prominent and important role in the kitchen. As head chef, it is essential that you are able to maintain complete control of the kitchen at all times and command the respect of your kitchen staff and that of the floor staff and appropriate managers. You must be able to spot and resolve problems efficiently, maintain calm level headedness and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- Maximising the productivity of the kitchen staff through effective management and delegation.
- Managing and communicating well with your sous chef and senior pizza chefs to ensure the highest standards continue throughout the kitchen, particularly in your absence during days off or holidays.
- Having significant involvement during management meetings and the continuing development of the Pizza, Pots and Pints concept.
- Setting a very high bar through example for impeccable personal hygiene, high work and safety standards including food hygiene and due diligence procedures.
- Responsibly seizing control of situations or problems that may arise at any moment and calmly applying the relevant action to address any issue.
- Managing underperforming staff members as well as providing incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles.
- Productively and pro-actively train and mentor junior chefs by drawing as much intrigue and passion from them as you can and pushing them to constantly improve.
- Outside of the kitchen, take responsibility for, or effectively delegate the kitchen due diligence procedures including; HACCP; COSHH; food wastage and staff rotas.
What we are looking for:
- Currently a Head Chef looking for a new exciting challenge or Sous Chef ready to take the next step
- Consistency in driving the standards up by demanding exceptional results throughout the kitchen operation
- A creative individual who contributes to the overall operation of the business by offering ideas and ways to effectively improve areas of the kitchen
- Proven management capabilities and consistently kept meticulously high food and food hygiene standards, shown you can get the best out of the team
- Effectively trained junior team members and maintained high attention to due diligence procedures
- A committed and passionate attitude to the role, always looking to improve and have a positive response to feedback
- Shown consistently high working standards including attention to detail, organisation, reliability, team work and pro-activity
We are the cheeky little brothers and sisters of Wells & Co. who have yet to grow up! Despite all the fun we have, we also take your personal development as seriously as we take our beer and food.
We think it's time to wave goodbye to your previous jobs and say hello to your new career.