Senior Pizza Chef - Gordon Arms - Bedford
Think light crispy artisan pizza cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven, warming one-pots of comfort food and pints of beer crafted at our Bedford Brewery!
The Gordon Arms is an attractive community pub situated on Castle Road in Bedford, benefiting from a generous garden and seperate function room ideal for private hire and events. The site has recently opened after a full refurbishment as part of our managed pub division expansion.
What we will offer you in return:
- Competitive hourly rate subject to experience
- 28 days holiday
- Retail and beer discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend Bonus
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programme
- Benefits portal
- Career development programme
- Fun culture surrounded by a supportive team
- Training and development, compliance training, dedicated e-learning courses
Your role as Senior Pizza Chef:
As the title suggests, this role comes with added seniority and responsibility within the kitchen. You will support the Head Chef and Sous Chef in some management duties like leading shifts in 'addition' to all the responsibilities of a pizza chef. Being a senior pizza chef demands permanent focus especially leading by example through every aspect of your role.
Your main duties as Senior Pizza Chef involve:
- Staff training by helping to improve the experience and therefore performances of pizza chef's junior to you
- Responsibly and effectively leading shifts with a calm and approachable demeanour, maintaining clear communication between the front and back of house
- Ensuring you and those around you meet our brand standards of preparation, presentation and food hygiene by leading through example
- Kitchen due diligence and procedures such as stock takes, ordering and food and storage temperature records
At the start of your employment you will be required to complete some online training modules that will better prepare you for the role and give you a recognised certificate in each area; which include Health and Safety and Food Hygiene amongst others. You will also receive a clear role induction as well as on the job training from experienced and passionate people that will help get the best out of you!
What we are looking for:
- Proven management capability including effectively training junior team members and a natural flair for getting the best out of your team
- Ability to lead shifts whilst maintaining consistent high food hygiene standards and due diligence procedures
- A committed and passionate attitude to the role, always looking to improve and have a positive response to feedback
- Shown consistently high working standards including attention to detail, organisation, reliability, team work and pro-activity
The next job role up from this position is Sous Chef; a role that carries significantly more responsibility and leadership in our kitchens and with respect to that, offers an increase in pay and progression opportunities for a hardworking and ambitious employee or candidate.