Chef Manager - London
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK's leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, so are you the exceptional Chef Manager we're looking for?
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
The essential ingredient at the heart of our business is our people so we are searching for an experienced Chef Manager with a background in exceptional food catering services to join our business and work at one of our highly prestigious education settings.
As a Chef Manager you will...
As well as having an excellent presentation, organisational and communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food & service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
You will be taking over a fantastic team who serve 170 students and 35 staff lunch and Tea daily. Outside of term time you will cater for Holiday clubs, between 80-120 people per day.
This is a unique location as it is 100% vegetarian.
You must have a passion for plant based food along with an interest / desire to create new & exciting dishes.
Deliver high standards within all areas of the location
Ensure that the location achieves the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
Conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained
Food to you is not just a simple life need, food is all about who you are.
- Experience as a Chef Manager to manage the team and client on site
- Preferable a recent background within the Food service / contract catering sector.
- Your focus and desire is to work with the freshest and best ingredients and the closer you are to your kitchen, the better.
- You have the ability to work within a team, manage costs, negotiate and build relationship with suppliers as well as being compliant
- You will have experience within a similar role, strong supervisory experience and be financially and commercially astute
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving and have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Salary 35-38k depending on experience.
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
- Free meals whilst at work
- Career development opportunities
- HIT Apprenticeships for all experience levels
- Reward & recognition schemes
- People awards to celebrate our employees
- Work/life balance
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Prestigious working environments
- Team events scheduled throughout the year
- 28 Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
We invest in the training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients.
"Holroyd Howe is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences."
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references.