Data Architecture Lead (9 Month FTC) - Cape Town
From the fun of Mecca Bingo to the experience of Grosvenor Casinos, from in-person to online, from local to global, players love the experiences our famous brands deliver. This is such an exciting sector to be part of, bringing entertainment to millions in a culture of opportunity and growth. Look at our careers site to find out more: https://careers.rank.com/
Ready to make a MASSIVE impact on Rank Group's biggest project ever?
As our Data Architecture Lead, you'll be the mastermind behind Rank's central data platform integration, delivering robust & reliable data, always (batch or real-time!).
This is YOUR chance to:
- Lead the charge in transforming complex business needs into powerful data solutions.
- Shape the future of data use at Rank, early and decisively.
- Build the Delta Lake, unlocking actionable insights from all brands.
- Work with bleeding-edge tech: Data Lakehouse (Databricks), RDBMS, NoSQL, Cache & In-memory stores.
- Embrace agility: deliver value in iterative sprints with DevOps methodology.
- Fuel data-driven decisions across the entire organization.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years of data modelling & delivery expertise.
- Deep understanding of data architecture best practices & supporting technologies.
- Real-time data experience (Databricks a plus).
- Agile/DevOps mindset for rapid value delivery.
- Python, Spark, SQL, Delta Lake, Databricks fluency.
Bonus points for:
- Cross-cloud integration & data flow knowledge.
- A passion for innovation and tackling big challenges.
This is your opportunity to lead the data revolution at Rank. Apply now and let's make it happen!
Join us to unlock benefits and opportunities that will boost your career journey in a vibrant, inclusive and fulfilling work environment - so you can #BeYourself
Wellbeing@Rank is important... From hybrid working and colleague support networks to menopause support and weekly PepTalks, we're here for you.
We'll also invest in your growth by providing development opportunities, leadership training and cutting-edge industry certifications so you have the tools and resources to help you work, win and grow with us.
Immerse yourself in new cultures and gain international exposure through our global business. Collaborate with colleagues from around the globe.
From pensions to bonus schemes, and private medical insurance to life insurance - we've got you covered.
*Our benefits vary by brand and/or location. Please have a chat with your local Talent Acquisition specialist to find out what's in place in your location.
The Rank Group are committed to being an inclusive employer, ensuring that we better understand and meet the needs and requirements of our candidates and customers.
We aim to do this by facilitating fair and equal access to our services. If you require a reasonable adjustment to be made, please reach out to let us know ahead of your interview.