General Manager - The Nags Head - Little Kingshill
General Manager up to 45k + Tips + Bonus
Can you run this venue?...
Beautifully set amongst the rolling Chiltern hills, the Nags Head offers AA Rosette dining and accommodation, celebrating local produce and micro-breweries, just 40 minutes from Central London. It boasts an extensive, specialist wine list and a gin menu exemplary for most countryside inns. The Nags Head is known for its rich history, dating back to the 15th century, making it one of the oldest pubs in the area. Inside, you'll find a cozy and welcoming interior with exposed wooden beams, an open fireplace, and a rustic ambiance that harkens back to its historical roots.
We are looking for a naturally respectful and commercially aware leader, who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. As General Manager, you will become the heart of your venue, your courteous and hospitable values will cascade down through your team and to your customers.
The ability to lead the effective onboarding of new team members is key to your role. Championing a philosophy of self development and growing a strong team of courteous employees who all understand exactly their responsibilities and accountabilities within your venue will be the key to your venues profitability. You will facilitate the relationship between the kitchen team and the front of house team, ensuring it is seamless, and collaborative.
You will have bags of energy, resilience and creativity to tackle the challenges that naturally appear working for a fast-paced, growing company; whilst working collaboratively with the wider RedCat team to ensure corners are never cut and we can be honest, proud and safe in everything we do.
What's in it for you?
- The art of rostering - Ability to constantly assess the fine balance of rostering to minimize costs without compromising on outstanding customer service. Having the flexibility and commitment to place yourself on to the busiest shifts, when you are needed the most; after all you are the heart of the business!
- Team enabler - Encouraging a culture of learning and development, talent retention and attraction through following company recruitment, induction and training practices accurately. Championing the power of appraisals.
- Lets' grow together - Commercial Business Development Expertise, with a proven track record of growing business and increasing profitability through proactive marketing initiatives, keeping your finger on the pulse of our place in the market and our competition and valuing customer feedback.
- Positive attitude - Providing unexpected surprises to the team and customers and moments of care, being calm and considerate of fellow colleagues.
- A RedCat Role Model - Exemplary model employee to RedCat, suppliers and support teams.
- Problem Solver - Naturally a self-starter and has an ability to manage through complex situations.
- Compliance management - a track record in health and safety, food safety, licencing, GDPR, onboarding and induction training.
- Exceptionally Customer focused - Being approachable, calm and friendly, even in times of pressure.
- Venue Maintenance - Ensuring your venues ambiance is as warm, welcoming and safe as possible, a home from home.
- Excellent stock control across the business, championing it front of house and back of house to minimize wastage as well as maximizing menu available.
- 25% off all food, drink, rooms at all RedCat Venues* (T&C's) apply
- Great opportunities to progress within a growing company
- Free meals on shift.
- Apprenticeship Programme
- 24hrs access to the companies training and development site.
- Wellness Programme
- Death in service
Hospitality is our Personality and we are RedCat!
RedCat are acquiring multiple pubs and inns in sought after locations across the UK. Our calling is to revive and re-generate potentially amazing spaces, by investing heavily in the buildings, and design, their branding, and most of all the people. By providing industry leading, lifestyle enhancing spaces, we will be injecting excitement back into the hospitality sector. RedCat is an ambitious, fast paced company and if you want to come on this exciting journey, the opportunities at RedCat are infinite.
The RedCat Way
We want every employee at RedCat to carry out their role and responsibilities with the same approach, having integrity, showing care and being respectful. Whether you are managing a 30 room boutique hotel or you are making cocktails in a leading high street caf bar, you can all carry out these duties in the same RedCat way. Hospitality is your personality, that's why you an honest problem solver who will roll up your sleeves and make sure every customer you serve has an incredible experience, one to write home about.