Head Chef - Saint Austell
The Pier House overlooks Charlestown's historic Georgian harbour, complete with iconic Tall Ships. The sea-facing restaurant, bar, and hotel-style rooms provide a warm welcome with the crackle of a log fire during cold months and plenty of cosy nooks to sink into. Outside, the sunny terrace is an idyllic spot for al fresco dining, taking full advantage of the impressive surroundings.
The Pier House will be taking part in a multi million pound renovation with the capability to service 200+ covers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business from ground 0 and help develop the venue.
You'll be working in a picture-postcard location that's graced the big screen across the world, with its iconic Tall Ships serving as a backdrop to blockbuster movies and TV shows alike.
Are you an enthusiastic Head Chef with experience of working in a fast-paced environment? Join our talented kitchen team and you'll be working alongside passionate people, cooking with locally sourced produce to supply quality food that delights our guests.
What we will offer you in return:
- 30% off food and drink in our pubs.
- 50% off overnight stays in our pubs.
- 150 towards a stay in one of our pubs
- Westfield Rewards, including discounts and rewards from hundreds of leading retailers, restaurants, and destinations.
- Cycle to work scheme on select roles.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Career progression.
- Meal provided for shifts over 6 hours (up to the value of 10)
- Family-friendly policies.
- Flexible working.
- Paid time off to volunteer for charity.
Our Chefs ...
- Front the Kitchen and Back of House Team, taking pride in overseeing a quality food offering that delights our guests.
- Are well organised, adaptable, with a genuine passion for what they do.
- Take pride in delivering a consistent, high quality food offering.
- Combine great product knowledge with a practical understanding of daily operations in a busy kitchen.
- Understand budgets and sales targets, and play a vital part in helping to achieve them.
We'd love you to join our family!
Apply now or contact email@example.com for more information
St Austell Family Group is an Equal Opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also welcome requests for flexible working.
Early applications are encouraged as we'll review applications throughout the recruitment process and reserve the right to close the advert at any time. Please note that we politely request no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. Speculative CVs from recruitment agencies won't be accepted, nor the fees associated with them.