Apprentice Chef - Freshford
Be an Apprentice Chef but most importantly be you!
At our hotel we want our people to be themselves and that means you. Join our team and here is what you'll get for being yourself:
Monthly service payments as well as monthly pay
Free parking for team members
Flexible working hours - Tell us what suits you during your interview
You'll be fed by our chefs when you're on duty
Progression and training opportunities throughout Kaleidoscope Collection
Cash savings benefits to make your monthly pay go further plus wellbeing support for you and your family
Discount on eating, drinking and sleeping at all of our properties
Discounts on local gyms and hospitality (and tattoos!)
500 refer a friend scheme
Work in a stimulating environment as part of a diverse community of people
Be part of a team who live and breathe our purpose
And there's more where these came from...
At Homewood we approach the serious matter of hospitality with a huge amount of imagination and a delicate touch of mischief. You will be part of our zesty team who are passionate about our 31 bedroom hotel with incredible spa and dining space.
We love to create unexpected little moments of delight with talking points as you journey through our hotel. A collection of glamorous chandeliers or random sculptures around the gardens, a giant teddy bear for instance! We all know that really our team is the cherry on the cake and that's why we are waiting for you...
What's it like to work with us? Well, we are an imaginative, playful team who encourage each other to remain unconventional, no matter if you're new to hospitality or if this is a lifelong career. Our diverse, inclusive community encourages a culture where you can be the you'est you, you can be; it makes working in this hotel that little bit more exciting.
We stand behind being big hearted, respecting each other, our guests and the wider community. On top of that, we are ALWAYS serious about giving our guests a bloody good time!
Get a better look at our team culture here: https://www.instagram.com/kaleidoscopehotels/
As Apprentice Chef what you'll be doing
- This is your opportunity to join a professional hotel kitchen in a progressive role with a professional brigade whether this is your first job, a career change or just the start of your new career
- Work alongside our Head Chef in a brigade focused on creating an inclusive kitchen for all levels of the team, sharing knowledge and developing what we offer together
- Take advantage of our private no dig kitchen gardens with their delicious seasonal produce plus the opportunity to visit and learn about these gardens through your course
- Work in an environment where you can learn from your team while providing a delicious menu for the restaurant, terrace, outdoor dining domes and private dining spaces
- Learn all services through the kitchen as you gain experience in breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. You'll also be given time working in other hotel departments to get a full understanding of the team you're part of
- Enjoy the rewarding experiences of off-site visits, hotel experiences and visits to our sister properties with your fellow apprentices
Working 4 days in our kitchen and one day per week at college your work life balance will be a priority. While you're in the kitchen we'll set the pace to suit you so once you're comfortable in your surroundings we can build your knowledge on the solid base formed in your first three months of kitchen and college work. After that it's visits to the kitchen garden, tours of our sister hotels and meals out to gain experience and provide inspiration.
In the hotel you'll experience working in all departments so you can understand what makes a hotel tick (don't worry, this is only a few days) then you'll be in the kitchen and getting started on what our chef's love. You'll get to grips with the basics of mis en place before progressing to cooking during service. Our apprentices set the pace, with some healthy encouragement from our chefs, so you'll know you can achieve what want but with a helping hand when you need it.
What happens next with your Apprentice Chef application?
Attract our attention with your application and we'll call you. After we speak on the phone you can expect a friendly invite to spend an hour or two on a Team Insight with your chosen department - Ask all your questions and we will ask you a few too. If all goes well, you may just become part of the team!