Purchasing Manager - Brentford
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 11 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York. We inspire our teams to love what they do and live and breathe our values . We believe that our people have the opportunity to grow and progress, whatever their role.
As Purchasing Manager you will be based in Brentford and you will report to the Director of Purchasing. As Purchasing Manager, you will work with internal stakeholders across our 8 hotels, Palace Laundry, Shop Kit Kemp and Head Office teams in Central London to identify their supply needs. You will build strong relationships with suppliers whilst implementing, maintaining and reviewing contracts and KPIs with the Purchasing Director. You will support the businesses' focus on environmental, social, governance and sustainability related projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Aligning all hotels suppliers - going out with set products to tender for best price and communicating to the hotels their purchase rote
- Controlling group stock to support the 8 hotels, internal and external warehouses
- Inventory of group stock to support the 8 hotels, internal and external warehouses
- Working closely with the finance team on the large stock orders - upcoming and forecasts
- Working with Finance team with stock holding costs
- Working with the back of house managers creating par levels and reviewing consumption figures
- Supporting the Director of Purchasing with the annual CEMARS audit
- Supporting the Hotel General Managers with stock and supply information at hotel level and as a group of 8 hotels
- Ensuring products within each hotel are as per the same standard - allowing a better price and consistent standard throughout - to create a "master" document with SKU, price, supplier, picture etc to support your hotel teams allowing them to do their day to day jobs
- Navigating stock coming In with shippers and distributors
- Managing alternatives and stock movement juggling solutions to give to you when needed - a real hands on thinker!
- Managing the warehouse - manage and maintain stock levels allowing hotel back of house managers to order and pull. Internally charging with the financial team for the individual hotel orders
- Work closely with Director of Purchasing on group including New York quarterly orders facilitating a clear system in place for standards and preparations for seasonal events with good advance timing
- Conduct a monthly stock take at the warehouse - present monthly stock holding and if discrepancies
- Ensure hotel monthly stock takes are complete - Supporting the back of house managers on monthly analysis and counts
- Working closely with the Director of Purchasing the New York orders, boats and customs chart ensuring both UK and USA uni mate are updated
- Working closely with the Purchasing manager in New York as a team aligning standards, movement of stock and orders
- Being part of any new hotel opening team - preparing purchasing critical path and executing it
Qualifications and Values
- CIPS Favourable but not essential
- Attention to detail: thorough, accurate and focused when accomplishing tasks
- Resilience: adopts a solutions oriented approach to problems/difficult situations
- Passion: determined to make an impact with a focus on creating a happy and engaged team
- Enthusiasm: shows a keen interest in supporting your location adopting a can-do attitude
- Relationships: builds and maintains effective relationships with team members at all levels
What we offer:
- Wage Stream - An employee app to stream your wages before payday
- Paid overtime
- No split shifts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform and meals provided
- Uniforms dry cleaned
- Discounted personal dry cleaning
- Social events, wellbeing and team activities
- Award winning training opportunities and career development
- Fully funded English lessons
- One paid volunteering day per year
- Firmdale experience and long service vouchers (afternoon tea, dinner for two, film club and an overnight stay)
- And much more!
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York.
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Firmdale Hotels - "Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality"
- Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
- Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.