We are seeking a Group Reservations Coordinator who can build strong relationships with clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person, actively seeking client feedback and sales leads wherever possible.
You will support our Hotels Business Development Executive in managing the day-to-day administrative function of the groups and tours segment across our hotels division.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Liaising with agents to deal with group and tour enquiries across all hotels
- Supporting with group reservation handling
- Providing accurate and timely responses to clients, agents and our internal teams
- Inputting all group bookings to the PMS ensuring follow ups are made
- Relationship building with clients and agents
- Converting enquiries
- Developing strong knowledge of our product; rooms, features, amenities, rates and cancellation terms
- Managing the administrative processes of each booking, including communications with the booker until handed over to the hotel
- Tracking and reporting on enquiries taken
- Highlighting any potential sales leads
- Getting involved in wider business projects where required
- Participating in training sessions to enhance product knowledge and reservations software proficiency
What are we looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with a professional and approachable manner are essential for the role as you will be working closely with clients, agents and internal teams.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team with the aim of supporting colleagues and clients. You will be able to take ownership of tasks and follow them through to conclusion.
- You will have a positive attitude and willingness to help and assist others and the demands of the business.
- A flexible approach is required as this is a full-time role, 5 days over 7. The position may require some weekend and evening working to meet the needs of the business and may also include visits away to our other hotels and for expo attendance.
- Strong organisational skills are essential with the ability to multi-task and have a high level of attention to detail.
- You will be competent in Microsoft Office. Experience of Opera or Reslynx is preferred, however not essential as training can be given
The position is a Head Office role but working from our Cottons Hotel & Spa, Knutsford.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A fun, engaging and supportive environment where you will receive the training and support to develop and progress
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Wagestream - the ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn them each week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Health cash plan with access to discounted perks and high street discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days annual leave
- Discounted accommodation, food and drink in our beautiful properties across the country
- Pension & Life assurance
- Long service awards, including free meals and free stays with your friends or family