Duty Manager - Wokingham, Berkshire
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's people that make a community. That's why we build homes and deliver services for everyone in the community to thrive. At Places Leisure we are changing lives by creating active places and healthy people for communities to thrive, and we want to be the UK's leading health and wellbeing enabler.
We aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're part of our cause.
More about your role
This a varied and interesting role, as Duty Manager you will wear many hats! Such as managing, recruiting and training staff, dealing with customer's concerns, driving up memberships, preparing reports and attending meetings. You will represent the Places Leisure and you will need to be a motivated individual who will take on responsibility to lead a team and ensure the efficient day to day running of the centre.
You will need a flexible approach to work being open to working shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
For more information please download our job profile available on our website.
More about you
With this role you will be managing a large team, so previous experience in a supervisory/management capacity within a leisure facility would be desirable. As a Duty Manager you will become one of our registered first aiders and therefore first aid experience would set you apart from other candidates. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service and leadership skills.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.