Cycle Technician - Leicester
As a Cycle Tech at Evans Cycles, your primary responsibility is to provide expert bicycle repair and maintenance services to customers. You will ensure that customers' bicycles are serviced, repaired, and maintained to a high standard, while also providing excellent customer service and advice.
- Bicycle Repairs: Perform a wide range of bicycle repairs, including but not limited to brake adjustments, gear tuning, wheel truing, drivetrain maintenance, and suspension service. Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical issues accurately.
- Bicycle Assembly: Assemble new bicycles according to manufacturer guidelines and store standards, ensuring they are safe and ready for sale.
- Service Consultations: Interact with customers to assess their bicycle repair and maintenance needs. Provide recommendations and cost estimates for services.
- Parts and Accessories: Assist customers in selecting appropriate parts, accessories, and upgrades for their bicycles.
- Safety Inspections: Conduct safety inspections on bicycles to identify and address potential safety hazards.
- Quality Control: Ensure that all repaired bicycles meet the highest quality standards and safety regulations.
- Inventory Management: Maintain a well-organized and efficient workshop, including managing the inventory of spare parts and tools.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service, including explaining repair work to customers, answering questions, and offering advice on bicycle maintenance.
- Proficiency in bicycle mechanics, including the ability to diagnose and repair a wide range of bicycle types and components.
- Previous experience as a bicycle mechanic is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of various bicycle brands, models, and components.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality workmanship.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safety standards and practices related to bicycle repairs.
- Willingness to stay updated on the latest advancements in bicycle technology and repair techniques.
Work is primarily conducted in a workshop environment.
May require standing for extended periods and lifting heavy objects.
Flexible work hours, including weekends and evenings, may be necessary based on the store's operating hours and customer demand.
We've got a lot to offer..
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Commission led bonuses across a wide range of products
- Monthly Group Rewards and Recognition
- Join the Fearless1000 Incentive Scheme watch THIS video to find out more
- We offer a wide range of Development Courses with National Qualifications
- 40% Instore Uniform Discount
- Discounted Gym membership
- Group Wide 20% Discount across all Fascia.
- Ride-To-Work Scheme (Eligibility subject to terms and conditions)