Director of Food & Beverage - Maynooth, County Kildare
Located just outside the University town of Maynooth, County Kildare; Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel, is a luxury resort set on 1,100 acres of private parkland. Owned by the US-based Mullen family since December 2017, the hotel re-opened in June 2021 after an extensive refurbishment as Ireland's first and only Fairmont property and the oldest in the prestigious collection. With 1,100 acres of sweeping parkland, ancient woodlands, lakes, and the meandering River Rye, the resort is home to 2 championship golf courses, state of the art sports training facilities, award-winning Spa & Wellness facilities, impressive conference and banqueting facilities catering up to 500 people as well as 169 guest bedrooms.
As one of Ireland’s most exquisite national treasures, when you arrive at Carton House you enter a place rich with over three centuries of history. It is certainly not your typical hotel; history lies around each and every corner. Built-in 1739 and originally the ancestral home of the Earls of Kildare and the Dukes of Leinster, this hotel was once at the heart of Irish history. Today, it is one of Ireland's much-loved resort properties.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team at Carton House now that we are part of the Fairmont group. With more than 75 locations around the globe, Fairmont is known for its grand and awe-inspiring properties, many of which are steeped in history and are a focal point of their local regions. We are sure you will agree that Carton House fits this description perfectly, and we are now searching for the best people to join us in writing this most exciting chapter yet.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Food & Beverage to join our team at Carton House.
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement and maintain the highest standard operating procedures for all food services.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and manage a high-performing team, fostering a culture of excellence, teamwork, and guest satisfaction.
- Sets and clearly communicates the strategic direction for the Food & Beverage department in coordination with Hotel Manager and Executive Chef.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage management team to achieve required targets in relation to payroll and GP percentages.
- Work under pressure and be able to maintain all administrative elements required of the role such as scheduling, gross margins, labour margins, performance management and recruitment.
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of service expected by the guest.
- Ensure each outlet is staffed sufficiently.
- Oversee all restaurant functions and your team throughout the service.
- Brief team and ensuring outlets are set to the required standard.
- Set performance goals, conduct regular evaluations, and provide guidance for professional development.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and manage the F&B budget in line with forecasts.
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 5 star resort.
- Full flexibility – this is a full-time role, flexibility and shift work is required.
- A real understanding of hotel operation.
- Service oriented with an eye for details, passion and innovative for Food & Beverage
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent spoken & written English.
- Outgoing, bubbly and confidence in dealing with a range of customers.
- A structured and organized approach to work planning.
Why work for Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel?
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Additional annual leave with continuous service.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Discount in Food & Beverage outlets.
- Monthly social activities.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities.
Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities.
Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."