Commis Chef - Wycombe Heights Golf Centre - High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
We're looking for a 3rd Chef to join our kitchen team. Working alongside our 2 chefs you'll be responsible for day to day food preparation and service at Wycombe Heights Golf Centre, including our daily menu and function menus.
Wycombe Heights is a busy Golf Centre serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to our golfers and customers. As well as having a busy casual dining area, we also hold large golf days and functions including weddings.
Our Commis Chef will work a shift pattern of 40 hours across the week, including evenings and weekends.
- Completes all food preparation across the Golf Centre which may include the daily menu, specials menu, function menu, buffets and BBQs
- Ensures all food is plated and served to the company standards as set by our Head Chef
- Meets all standards for performance, appearance and service provision
- Maintains existing food programmes and helps develop new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Ensures relevant records such as temperature sheets, and food labelling is kept up to date
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. functions/meetings/weddings/societies and ensures the food preparation and service is in line with their menu
- Attends work in correct uniform, at correct rostered time
- Keeps up to date with all Food Safety Training
What you can expect from us:
Use of facilities
Free Golf, mini golf and use of the driving range at any of our clubs.
Guest Rate available for family to use the golf course and driving range if accompanied by staff member.
Free room-hire at any of our sites when purchasing food and beverages from the site.
Staff discount on retail purchases in any of our Golf Retail Shops: Trade price + 10% + VAT.
The Perks – access to a savings portal for travel, fashion, entertainment, insurance, technology, food & drink
Food and Drink
Complimentary meal on shifts of more than 6 hours.
Tea, coffee and squash on duty.
30% discount on food and beverages at any of our sites for you and up to 10 guests if you are present.
Enhanced Maternity Benefit after 2 years’ service.
Enhanced Paternity Pay.
Ride to Work Scheme.
Dental scheme available at a beneficial rate with a choice of cover.
Contribution toward eye test and new glasses every 2 years.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your wellbeing.
Training and Development
Personal Development Plan and support.
The BGL Academy with hundreds of courses and videos that you can access for your professional and personal development.
Recognition and Reward
Employee of the quarter prize.
Employee of the year prize.
Long service awards.
Extended holiday entitlement for long service.
All of this at a beautiful work location with free car parking
(Please Note: conditions may apply to above)