Food and Beverage Assistants - Birchwood Park Golf Club - Wilmington, Dartford
Job Types: Part-time and Full Time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.50 per hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food and Beverage Supervisors and Manager
Responsible for set-up, maintenance and operation of the food and beverage department. To assist and serve our customers with the requested food and beverage orders, ensuring service excellence and maximizes each sale opportunity for department and club. This role involves evening and weekend shifts.
A little bit about you:
- You will greet customers utilising names where possible. Offer customers menu and informs specials and menu changes, make suggestions and answer questions regarding food, beverages, and service.
- You will work in a small team to ensure customer satisfaction and high presentation standards are achieved 24/7.
- You will be a ‘friendly face’ during customers visits providing a prompt service to ensure they have a pleasant and memorable time in our Bar and Restaurant.
- Completes opening and closing procedures as per shift.
Ideal candidates will:
- Effectively up sell other items on menu, ie: appetisers, desserts, mixed drinks, wine, coffee, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, e.g., attendance, timekeeping, dress code, name badge, appearance
- Work closely with the F&B Supervisors to facilitate a pleasant and prompt service for all customers.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures
A little about us;
Birchwood Park Golf and Country is part of Burhill Golf and Leisure Group which consists of 22 golf courses across 10 golf clubs, 2 which have health & fitness clubs, 10 separate adventure leisure venues, a 15th century lodge hotel, and a diverse portfolio of residential and commercial estates.
Birchwood Park Golf & Country Club offers a whole new golfing experience, ideally located close to for Dartford, Sidcup and Bexley, Kent.
What you can expect from us:
Use of facilities
Free Golf, mini golf and use of the driving range at any of our clubs.
Guest Rate available for family to use the golf course and driving range if accompanied by staff member.
Free room-hire at any of our sites when purchasing food and beverages from the site.
50% Discount on Health Club Membership.
Staff discount on retail purchases in any of our Golf Retail Shops: Trade price + 10% + VAT.
The Perks – access to a savings portal for travel, fashion, entertainment, insurance, technology, food & drink
Food and Drink
Complimentary meal on shifts of more than 6 hours.
Tea, coffee and squash on duty.
30% discount on food and beverages at any of our sites for you and up to 10 guests if you are present.
Enhanced Maternity Benefit after 2 years’ service.
Enhanced Paternity Pay.
Ride to Work Scheme.
Dental scheme available at a beneficial rate with a choice of cover.
Contribution toward eye test and new glasses every 2 years.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your wellbeing.
Training and Development
Personal Development Plan and support.
The BGL Academy with hundreds of courses and videos that you can access for your professional and personal development.
Recognition and Reward
Employee of the quarter prize.
Employee of the year prize.
Long service awards.
Extended holiday entitlement for long service.
All of this at a beautiful work location with free car parking
(Please Note: conditions may apply to above)