Chef de Partie - Birchwood Park Golf Club - Wilmington, Dartford
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Chef/Sous Chef
Responsible for day-to-day food preparation for the golf course; supervises kitchen porters & Commis Chefs food cost of sales to budget; works with Head Chef to develop revenue and expense plans to maximise sales and profitability while maintaining excellence in quality and customer relations.
A Little Bit About You:
- You will complete all food preparation for all catering outlets, which may include bar/lounge, snack bar, on course sales and function suite
- You will be responsible for keeping all relevant records such as temperature sheets, and food labelling up to date
- You will implement and maintain effective inventory and shortage controls
- You will ensure that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage, health, and safety.
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Be able to work alone as well as in a team.
- Meets all standards for performance, appearance, and service provision
- Maintains existing food programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and health and safety procedures
A little about us;
Birchwood Park Golf and Country is part of Burhill Golf and Leisure Group which consists of 22 golf courses across 10 golf clubs, 2 which have health & fitness clubs, 10 separate adventure leisure venues, a 15th century lodge hotel, and a diverse portfolio of residential and commercial estates.
Birchwood Park Golf & Country Club offers a whole new golfing experience, ideally located close to for Dartford, Sidcup and Bexley, Kent.
What you can expect from us:
Use of facilities
Free Golf, mini golf and use of the driving range at any of our clubs.
Guest Rate available for family to use the golf course and driving range if accompanied by staff member.
Free room-hire at any of our sites when purchasing food and beverages from the site.
50% Discount on Health Club Membership.
Staff discount on retail purchases in any of our Golf Retail Shops: Trade price + 10% + VAT.
The Perks – access to a savings portal for travel, fashion, entertainment, insurance, technology, food & drink
Food and Drink
Complimentary meal on shifts of more than 6 hours.
Tea, coffee and squash on duty.
30% discount on food and beverages at any of our sites for you and up to 10 guests if you are present.
Enhanced Maternity Benefit after 2 years’ service.
Enhanced Paternity Pay.
Ride to Work Scheme.
Dental scheme available at a beneficial rate with a choice of cover.
Contribution toward eye test and new glasses every 2 years.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your wellbeing.
Training and Development
Personal Development Plan and support.
The BGL Academy with hundreds of courses and videos that you can access for your professional and personal development.
Recognition and Reward
Employee of the quarter prize.
Employee of the year prize.
Long service awards.
Extended holiday entitlement for long service.
All of this at a beautiful work location with free car parking
(Please Note: conditions may apply to above)