Hotel Receptionist - London
30 Euston Square is a Grade II* listed award-winning events venue in a perfect central London location. From meeting and conference spaces to private dining and rooftop terraces, the venue offers an iconic setting for any occasion.
This venue is unique to Searcys as is the only property within the estate that is home to a selection of boutique bedrooms.
As a Hotel Receptionist, you will receive the following industry-leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependent on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance program and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals are provided on shift when working within one of our venues
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer/give back to the charity of your choice
Job Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: 13.15
The Reception team serves as the first point of contact for all guests and visitors to the RCGP. We are
committed to providing the highest level of customer service in all our actions.
- Maintaining a positive culture throughout the department
- Maintaining the highest level of service to consistently exceed guest expectations
- Warmly welcoming all visitors and guests - Ensure eye contact and a smile at all times.
- Ensuring everyone is aware of forthcoming daily events being held in the venue
- Dealing with visitor enquiries/requests.
- Assisting in handling visitor passes and directing visitors as appropriate
- Issue Searcys day passes, Members passes and Gym passes
- Answering all calls within 3 rings and attending to voicemails as soon as possible
- Receiving and transferring telephone calls (internal).
- To respond to e-mails as soon as possible no later than 12 hours after receiving it.
- Taking bedroom reservations on the Welcome booking system for individual and group guests via phone, email, or in-person
- Check-in and out overnight guests, individual and group
- Obtaining and maintaining complete and accurate guest records of address and contact details as required by UK law
- Advising the housekeeping department of all changes in allocation or occupancy as well as any special requests for overnight guests
- Liaising with the engineering and IT teams to log, follow up and resolve any issues noted or reported by guests or colleagues in the bedrooms or at the desk
- Promoting bedroom facilities on check-out for future bookings
- Ensuring all charges are posted correctly to guests' accounts
- Taking payments for overnight stays for individual guests and assuring those are posted correctly
- Taking payments for additional services like extra breakfasts or items from Caf Caritas and assuring those are posted correctly
- Being fully aware of cash handling policies and cashing up procedures and adhering to them at all times
- Being fully aware of all available rates and promotions for college members
- Being fully aware of all corporate memberships and the associated benefits
- Maintaining a good knowledge of all products and services available to overnight guests and day visitors within 30 Euston Square as well as Searcys
- Ensuring all guest feedback and complaints are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner
- advising the DM and/or Reception Manager of the outcome or asking for assistance.
- Covering the Exams reception Desk as and when necessary
- Ensure the Members Lounge checklist is completed daily
- Ensuring the desk and reception areas are presentable at all times.
- Liaising with colleagues of all other departments to ensure a smooth running of the operation and to ensure full guest satisfaction
- Assist with training of new staff
- Being fully aware of all standards and procedures as outlined in the Searcys Handbook and adhering to them at all times
- Being fully aware of all standards and procedures for the reception department as laid out by the Reception and Accommodation Manager and adhering to them at all times
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by the company including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities.
Excellent product knowledge
Excellent communication skills
Excellent time management Supportive / Team player
Excellent customer service skills
Searcys, Britain's oldest catering and restaurant brand, was established in 1847. We are best known for our Champagne Bars, Restaurants, and stunning Events Venues in iconic destinations such as 116 Pall Mall, The Barbican, The HAC, The Gherkin, and St Pancras International.
Our commitment to delivering unparalleled service, quality, and innovation is reflected in every aspect of our brand. At Searcys, we recognise the value of individuality and actively embrace the diversity of our teams, as they are the cornerstone of our success.
If you share our passion for the hospitality industry and seek a dynamic work environment that celebrates your unique strengths, we would love for you to join our team!