Assistant Head Housekeeper - Nottingham
Great things happen when people get together in our spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate at Eastwood Hall. From leisure breaks, weddings and celebrations to conferences, meetings, training, and every business event in between our venue provides an informal atmosphere where you and our guests can be themselves.
We combine our spaces with a bigger family. Eastwood Hall is part of The Venues Collection - a division of Compass Group UK & Ireland, the market leader in contract catering & support services.
We are seeking a key member to join our management team. You will assist the Head Housekeeper in leading the housekeeping team. Enforcing high standards throughout the hotel, being a hands on individual ensuring the department runs efficiently and to the highest standard.
- Ensure smooth running of the housekeeping department in the absence of the Head Housekeeper
- Supervise activities of the housekeeping team ensuring all team members are aware of their responsibilities and are performing all duties to a consistently high standard
- Ensure all guests are greeted in a warm and courteous fashion and tended to in a professional manner by every team member
- Assist with the preparation of weekly rotas - ensure a balance of duties within the team
- Daily monitoring of rooms by conducting and documenting inspections of assigned rooms
- Check the status of all rooms and communicate with appropriate personnel and departments on a daily basis
- Support to the team with cleaning tasks.
Assistant Head Housekeeper
- Up to 26,400 per annum
- * 2 WEEKS OFF OVER THE FESTIVE PERIOD*
- 5 out of 7 days per week
- Medicash - Healthcare benefits, including dental, optical and therapy treatments (includes up to 4 dependent children)
- Aviva Digicare - Free annual healthcare check
- Exclusive Benefits & Wellbeing site (Perks at Work)
- Entertainment discounts - up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Health & Wellbeing discounts - Discounts for Nuffield Health (20%) and Pure Gym (10%)
- Travel discounts - Discounts with holiday companies such as TUI and Expedia
- Shopping discounts - Save up to 15% at high street and online stores by purchasing Shopping Cards
- Meals on duty
- Vodaphone discounts
- Pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 23 days + BH's and additional day off for your birthday
- 2 days additional leave, following return from Maternity leave during first year back
- Competitive and supportive family benefits
- Day off for babies 1st birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- On-going training & development and career pathways
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Financial wellbeing programme and preferred rates on salary finance products
Part of Levy UK & Ireland - The Venues Collection, a grouping of six, easily accessible properties located across the UK. With an array of both contemporary and historic meeting spaces, they also cater for every memorable moment: from christenings to birthdays, engagement parties to weddings and anniversaries to celebrations of life. Spaces to Meet, Spaces to Sleep, Spaces to Celebrate.
- Previous housekeeping team management experience
- Good communication skills
- Flexible - to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends as well as mornings and occasional evenings
- Good people skills - to work well in a team - we want work to be fun for all of our employees
- Able to work well under pressure at times and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
At Levy UK & Ireland, we take pride in fostering a workplace culture that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We believe that our differences are our greatest strengths, and we are committed to creating an environment where every individual is valued, respected, and empowered. Our team is a vibrant tapestry of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, which enriches our creativity, innovation, and overall success. We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities, promoting fairness, and ensuring that all voices are heard.
We firmly believe that a diverse team leads to innovation and creativity. We welcome candidates from all walks of life and backgrounds to join us in our mission to create a supportive and equitable work environment where everyone has the chance to excel and collaborate.
Join us in our journey towards a more diverse and inclusive world, where every person has the chance to thrive and contribute their unique talents. Together, we can achieve greatness.
We collaborate with some of the UK's most game-changing and well-loved brands, all sharing our vision for bringing best-in-class experiences.