Park Ranger - Lancashire
Come and join our One Great Team here at Haven as a Park Ranger!
As part of our Activities & Leisure Team, you will...
- Deliver our activities and experiences to Guests which may include, Bush craft, Den building, guided bat walks, beach walks, water safety education to more creative sessions such as nest box making, recycled creations and pebble art
- Encourage Guests to enjoy the outdoors on park while promoting awareness of the natural environment - Protect & preserve the countryside, manage habitats within the activity areas to maintain favourable conditions for wildlife - Raise awareness of environmental conservation through education & interpretation - Provide a safe and secure environment for all, by looking after the Nature activity areas on park
What's In It For You?
- Free use of our Leisure Facilities, including swimming pool
- Up to 50% Discount off food on Park and 20% discount in our shops
- Opportunity to use our Corporate Box at the O2 Arena
- Fantastic Discounts with many national Brands & Retailers
- 20% Discount to you, your family & friends across Haven & Warner Leisure Hotels
- Reward & Recognition Schemes
- Training and development opportunities including fully funded qualifications
- Fantastic Health, Mind & Money Support Programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies and pay* (eligibility criteria applied)
Pay Rates: 18+ from 9.97 up to 10.42 per hour depending on age
Experience and Qualifications
You may already be a Park Ranger or Activities Leader which is great, or maybe you have experience as a Cubs, Scouts or Guides Leader! All we are looking for is...
- A love for the great outdoors, a passion for working with nature and the ability to inspire and motivate others with outdoor learning.
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge
- Experience of working with young children (of all ages) and families / Groups of people
This role requires the successful candidate to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Due to the qualifications and training provided the successful candidate must be 18 years and over.
Who are we?
We're part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven & Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What's it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
Working hours are on a rota over a 7 day period and could include evenings and weekends (depending on role). We aim to offer flexibility where we can, including full or part time hours.
We would love to hear from you
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now. We will ask you a few questions which may take around 5 minutes, then click submit and one of the Team will be in touch.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
When invited to meet with us, you will have an interview and either a practical assessment or a skills test, depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
We genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com