Events Porter - Crewe
De Vere Cranage Estate
De Vere Cranage Estate effortlessly blends a grand history and timeless elegance with state of the art facilities. It is a stunning Grade II listed estate with 151 bedrooms, 28 flexible meeting and event spaces, which are popular for both weddings, conferences and events, the Tempus restaurant & bar and a Leisure club. A fun and vibrant place to work, our colleagues at Cranage Estate really enjoy being part of tight knit teams who work closely together to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Your commute: we're just off J18 of the M6 and we're pleased to offer free parking to all colleagues. We're also lucky to have great rail links to Manchester city centre from Goostrey station.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Are you keen to be part of an events team and help create memorable experiences?
We are recruiting for an Conference & Events Porter to join our team at De Vere Cranage Estate in Cheshire
As an Events Porter you will help with setting up and clearing down all our event spaces whether it be for a wedding, awards night or conference making sure every detail is considered. You will also support with the event service helping to ensure our guests have a great experience and that memorable moments are created.
This is role involves working a variety of shifts including weekends and late finishes
In return the role offers £10.42 per hour, rising to £11.44 per hour from 01st April 2024 plus meals on duty and access to your wages when you need it via Wagestream.
What we look for in an Events Porter:
• A keen eye for detail to ensure that every event is set up to perfection
• Someone who is tech savvy and ability to deal with clients queries when it comes to technology
• Someone motivated by delivering high standards of service to ensure each and every guest has a memorable experience
• Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks with enthusiasm
• A confident team player who enjoys working with others and interacting with people.
It would be great if you have previous experience within a similar role or working with events type role. However, experience is not essential as full training can be provided so, if you are willing to learn, you could still be our next Events Porter!
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our colleagues.
That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Events Porter.
- £10.42 per hour, rising toi £11.44 from 1st April 2024
- Varied shift patterns and contracts available to suit your lifestyle, we are 24/7 operation, meaning shift patterns to suit everyone
- Paid holiday allowance based on the hours that you work
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Stay in shape with complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities saving you money on costly gym memberships
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenience of Wagestream, our financial wellbeing platform, granting you instant access to your pay when you need it.
- Join a supportive team that knows how to have fun with regular team appreciation events, including memorable Christmas and Summer parties.