Commis Chef - Casual - London
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is our Iconic Events venue in London, and as this property does not have any guest bedrooms, the space is solely set up to run and host the most incredible meetings and events. We host movie premier after parties, high profile fashion, music and charity events, exciting exhibitions and conferences, large weddings and corporate meetings: our impressive event space and extensive meeting facilities means this property is always buzzing and an incredibly fun place to work.
Your commute: Grand Connaught Rooms is just 5 minutes from Covent Garden and Holborn tube stations and 30 minutes’ walk from Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston train stations, we're well-connected for all major London transport links.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Commis Chef - Casual
Love food. Love your job.
Our Commis Chef colleagues really are vital members of our kitchen brigades; that's why we offer our Chefs a bright career whether you're a Commis Chef, Chef De Partie or a senior Chef, it means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the best brands in hospitality.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship programme.
As a Commis Chef you will:
• Prepare ingredients while supporting the kitchen brigade
• Work in a fast paced kitchen offering various food offerings to our guests
• Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
• Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail but with bags of flair and creativity.
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our colleagues.
That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Commis Chef.
- £13 per hour
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenience of Wagestream, our financial wellbeing platform, granting you instant access to your pay when you need it.
- Join a supportive team that knows how to have fun with regular team appreciation events, including memorable Christmas and Summer parties.