Kitchen Porter - Crewe
De Vere Cranage Estate
De Vere Cranage Estate effortlessly blends a grand history and timeless elegance with state of the art facilities. It is a stunning Grade II listed estate with 151 bedrooms, 28 flexible meeting and event spaces, which are popular for both weddings, conferences and events, the Tempus restaurant & bar and a Leisure club. A fun and vibrant place to work, our colleagues at Cranage Estate really enjoy being part of tight knit teams who work closely together to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Your commute: we're just off J18 of the M6 and we're pleased to offer free parking to all colleagues. We're also lucky to have great rail links to Manchester city centre from Goostrey station.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Are you dedicated to maintaining high standards of cleanliness? Become a valued member of our team at De Vere as a Kitchen Porter and enjoy some excellent benefits including free meals on duty, free use of our gym facilities, complimentary hotel stays every year and access to your wages whenever you need it!
As a Kitchen Porter you will be an essential member of our back-of-house team working at the heart of the Hotel, to support the Kitchen team. You will maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas and attention to detail will be at the heart of what you do.
For those interested in developing their culinary skills, you will be able to learn from and support the Chefs with basic food preparation with access to training & development, although this aspect of the role is not essential.
This role involves a mixture of shifts including earlies, lates and weekends on a rota basis – although we are open to both Full Time & Part Time applications.
What we look for in a Kitchen Porter:
• A flexible can-do attitude and someone who takes pride in their work
• Cleaning experience or experience in a similarly physical role
• Punctuality and good levels of attendance
• Most of all, you will share our values which include fostering valued relationships, having a genuine approach and paying attention to every detail
Join us at De Vere and be part of our team where your work and commitment will be both valued and rewarded!
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our colleagues.
That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Kitchen Porter.
- £10.42 per hour, rising to £11.44 per hour from 1st April 2024
- Restaurant Service Charge
- Varied shift patterns and contracts available to suit your lifestyle, we are 24/7 operation, meaning shift patterns to suit everyone
- Paid holiday allowance based on the hours that you work
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Stay in shape with complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities saving you money on costly gym memberships
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenience of Wagestream, our financial wellbeing platform, granting you instant access to your pay when you need it.
- Join a supportive team that knows how to have fun with regular team appreciation events, including memorable Christmas and Summer parties.