Established in 1981 with a single store in the Northwest of England, the JD Group is a leading omni-channel retailer of Sports Fashion, Outdoors and Gyms with over 60,000 colleagues and over 3,400 stores across several retail fascias in over 30 markets around the world.
JD Sports Fashion Plc was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1996 and has been a FTSE100 publicly quoted company since 2019 and continues to grow in the UK and internationally.
We want to be the leading global omnichannel retailer in the sports and outdoor industry. To be a part of this successful company and help us to achieve this you will have the desire to ingrain our strategic goals of being a people-led, innovative and customer-focused organisation which provides operational excellence whilst identifying new areas of growth as part of our day to day objectives.
Providing support to the Store Manager, you will be a vital link between the Management and the Sales staff. You will take responsibility for a number of processes within the store, taking ownership of specific areas of the shop floor, closely monitoring and driving sales. Most importantly, you will suggest ideas for improvement and continue to improve the store.
- Ensure that excellent levels of customer service are provided.
- Deal with Customer complaints and enquires, providing the best possible outcome.
- Monitor the personal appearance of sales staff, making sure that this is in line with company guidelines.
- Understand the importance of the Customer Service measuring programme and how to analyse reports
- Ensure that targets are achieved, where possible exceeded.
- Monitor the service of the sales staff on a daily basis.
- Manage the in-store devices, making sure that they are offering the customer the whole product range.
- Use reports to assist you in product placement and key selling lines.
- Have an understanding of Footfall, ATV and Conversion and how to apply this to a store environment.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Ensure that the store is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Keep stock, clean and presentable at all times.
Training & Development
- Encourage personal progression throughout your store.
- Assist in maintaining the team's progression by ensuring personnel completes the relevant training E-Assessments.
- Provide assistance with the induction and training of new starters.
- Retail Management experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We know our employees work tirelessly to make JD Sports the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Incremental Holiday Allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Staff Discount On JD Group and other brands within the organisation
- Personal development opportunities to learn and develop at work.
Due to the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it takes time to review them all. If you don't hear back within two weeks of you applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Applications that meet the skills criteria will be contacted for a 1st stage meeting with the talent team. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to interview with the hiring manager.
Thank you again for your time.