Our Olympians need you!
Two-time Olympic Gold Medallist, Rebecca Adlington is looking for the best talent in Leisure. With continued successful growth across our business we’re currently recruiting for an experienced swim! Assistant General Manager who is passionate about creating a world class environment for learn to swim, in bespoke learn to swim centres. This is an integral role to not only the day to day operating of the centres, but the bigger vision to change the way learn to swim is delivered in the UK. If you have a passion for swimming and developing your management position in the leisure industry, this is the role for you.
History of swim!
Olympians Rebecca Adlington, Steve Parry, and Adrian Turner are behind the creation of swim! the UK's leading premium learn to swim experience in the country. We are using bespoke facilities to deliver a high-quality swimming provision to children aged 0-11. At swim! our programme focuses on great technique and core skills before progressing onto distances, lessons have fun themes each week for children. Our members-only access offers clean, modern and warm changing rooms designed for children, a panoramic viewing lounge with refreshments and activities for the whole family, smart lesson management and our unique swim! awards to celebrate your child’s achievements. All of this comes with a simple online booking process with no need to rebook every few weeks.
swim! Assistant Manager duties
- To assist the General Manager to meet the service and financial outputs, as detailed in the annual budget and business plan.
- Oversee the delivery of fun and inspiring lessons to 0-11-year olds and adults, using swim! teaching resources and programming management strategies to ensure customers have a seamless journey through the programme
- Deliver exceptional customer care to every swimmer and family member in and out of the water and instill these behaviors within the operational team
- Responsible for the programme performance and business Key Performance Indicators such as customer retention and Net Promotor Scores. Analyze data to inform key business decisions and improvement s
- Lead the operational teams including Lifeguards and Swimming Teachers, conducting the monthly rota’s, team observations and monthly status meetings. Managing individual and team performance aligned to the swim’s standard.
- Opening & closing the building. Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered on a day to day basis. Manage the Risk Assessments for the centre, ensuring that high levels of service and a safe environment are maintained at all times.
- To maintain the facilities hygiene and operational standards, striving towards a 5 star monthly audit score and 100% compliance in Health and Safety.
- Complete and record all health and safety checks as assigned, for daily, weekly and monthly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site, and immediate surrounding areas. Keeping up to date & accurate records and proactively anticipate any potential hazards.
- Ensuring the pool plant is always working to its full capacity allowing all lessons to take place, and that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out as an when scheduled.
- To use the chemicals provided in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and COSHH regulations and monitor levels of materials and equipment, placing orders as required for all relevant stock.
- Work closely with the designated pool engineers and maintenance contractors to ensure all necessary action is taken so the pool runs efficiently. Inspect and maintain building systems and provide support for basic preventative and reactive maintenance when required along with annualized building checks.
- Manage maintenance budget and schedule making efficiencies and costs savings where feasible. Responsible for managing overtime budgets and people spend.
- Strong written and oral communication and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of sports/ activity programming and programme management
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a committed approach to quality of standards
- Commercially driven with experience of working with Key Performance Indicators
- Experience of managing teams and demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from team members, suppliers and other internal departments
- Able to define operational key performance indicators and articulate these to others
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to support effective working relationships at all levels
- Good decision maker with great organisational and business development skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Passion for sport, physical activity and health
- This role has out of hours and key holder responsibility
- Performance related bonus potential
- Great annual leave package
- Birthday off
- Bright and colourful work kit
- Discount on swimming and gymnastics lessons for family and friends
- Employee recognition scheme, rewards and team events
- Monthly staff training and collaboration
- Multiple Training and qualification opportunities
- Employee assistance programme