Entertainment Technician - Windsor, Berkshire
Job Type: Guaranteed Hours - Seasonal (Fixed End Date)
Location: LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, Windsor, SL4 4AY
Hours: Full time fully flexible, any 5 days out of 7
Our Entertainment Technicians are responsible for operating, running, and maintaining show elements across all our exciting Entertainment venues, as well as support within the production of our seasonal events. You’ll ensure that lighting, sound, and automation is working effectively and safely at the Miniland Stage, DUPLO Valley Theatre, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel Stage and the Heartlake City Harbour, keeping shows and entertainment experiences consistent and exciting for our guests of all ages!
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with theatrical and live entertainment AV systems (lighting, sound, special effects, and automation)
- Proven experience with troubleshooting AV systems and programming new productions.
- Previous use of the following systems (or similar) is preferred: DiGiCo Mixing Consoles, Midas Digital Mixing Consoles, ETC Lighting Systems and QLab
- A flexible approach to working hours, due to the nature of Entertainment offerings you may work unsociable hours to accommodate rehearsals, show strikes, implementation of new technical show elements.
- Pay of £11.92 per hour
- 40% discount off LEGO sets and products on the online LEGO Store!
- Merlin Magic Pass: 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world!
- 25% discount in Merlin retail shops and restaurants (a brilliant extra treat when you’re using your Magic Pass to visit!)
- Fortnightly pay
- Pro rata holiday allowance based on 28 days full time equivalent
- Private pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training & development
About the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
We are looking for Entertainment Technicians to join our team at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. Our Resort is home to over 55 rides, live shows and attractions and is known the world over as being the ultimate LEGO® theme park experience for families with children aged 2-12 in the UK! Set in 150 acres of parkland, LEGOLAND is home to not only the iconic theme park, but also offers two incredible LEGO themed Hotels plus the brand new Woodland Village opening in 2024! This role is based at the Windsor Resort site – which is pretty awesome if you ask us!
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
If you have any questions or if you require any reasonable adjustments, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.