Cellar Master - Cyder - Bruton, Somerset
Competitive Salary plus fantastic benefits
If you have a management background in the drinks trade and are looking for your next step into an exciting and growing brand, our Cellar Master position may your next career move
The Newt in Somerset is looking for a dynamic Cellar Master to manage and develop our cyder business. A senior role within the wider business, the Cellar Master will oversee a small team of artisan cyder makers and sales executives in the production and sale of our signature west country drinks.
Fully responsible for the operating P&L, the role will suit an entrepreneur, someone who can bring flair and a passion for selling. The successful candidate will be a natural storyteller who connects with people easily and embraces social media, video and other marketing channels to further sales and grow brand recognition.
Experience of winemaking or cydermaking is preferable, but essentially we are looking for someone with the skills and thirst to grow, market and sell a budding drinks brand.
- The face and voice of the cyder business.
- Develop and deliver a strategy for growing the cyder business through various distribution channels.
- Direct the sales team.
- Supervise the Head Cyder Maker with production planning and execution.
- Manage a schedule of cyder tastings for hotel guests and garden visitors.
- Maintain a sanitary and professional working environment suitable for public display.
- Team management and staff rostering, recruitment and training.
- Purchase of apples from the estate and from external growers.
- Quality assurance.
- HMRC duty returns.
- Managing international export
Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification.
- Experience of managing a business or revenue centre.
- Entrepreneur with experience in a commercial environment
- Experience in the drinks trade - cider, wine, beer or sprits.
- Articulate communicator.
- Motivated by sales and target driven.
- Good people manager
What we can offer
- A positive workplace environment with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Stay in shape with our complimentary use of our gym and wellbeing classes
- Look after your wellbeing with complimentary access to our Spa and swimming pools and our exclusive benefit of 50% of Spa Treatments.
- Enjoy shopping in both our shops on estate and online with 30% discount for all our colleagues and free delivery for any online purchases.
- Discover exclusive perks with our Discounted hotel stays for staff, accompanied by a fantastic 30% discount at our restaurants.
- The opportunity to ensure your views are heard and shape the future of the business via our Employee Engine Room.
- Complimentary garden membership for the Newt and our partner gardens including the Eden Project, Kew Gardens and The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Complimentary meal whilst on shift, created using fresh produce from our estate by our dedicated staff food chefs
- We value your hard work and recognise your achievements through our colleague recognition programme "Newt Awards" with the opportunity to achieve a variety of amazing rewards including a complimentary Hotel Stay.
- Support from our Employee Assistance Programme for both yourself and your family
- A team that knows how to have fun with regular team engagement activities including monthly Gather and Grow Motivational Speakers and our regular fun squad events, which include activities such as Go-Karting and Wine Tasting, to name but a few.
- Up to 30 days annual leave each year for our full-time team
Who are we? - The Newt in Somerset
Nestled within an expanse of rolling fields and steeped in ancient history, our luxury country estate stands as a haven of refined elegance, inviting guests to explore acres of captivating gardens, meandering pathways, and enriching exhibitions - accessible 364 days a year for our members. Our hotel extends a warm welcome, offering a home-away-from-home experience where impeccable service flourishes in an ambiance of unassuming sophistication. Beyond the estate, the Newt's essence remains tangible, with our Ecommerce teams delivering our finest products to homes, while media and membership endeavours keep them informed of our latest developments. Behind the scenes, a tapestry of talented teams - from Housekeeping to HR, Finance to Farming - collaborates harmoniously, crafting an unforgettable journey of growth, development, and innovation, where every contribution creates unparalleled experiences.