Technical Writer - Cape Town
From the fun of Mecca Bingo to the experience of Grosvenor Casinos, from in-person to online, from local to global, players love the experiences our famous brands deliver. This is such an exciting sector to be part of, bringing entertainment to millions in a culture of opportunity and growth. Look at our careers site to find out more: https://careers.rank.com/
What you will be doing...
Rank is an international brand with many developers working together on our different brands. As such, some documentation may get lost along the way and we need your help with making sure what we capture is accurate, easy to understand and up-to-date.
You will be working closely with our development team to gain a deep understanding of our products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content. We want user-friendly content that meets the needs of our target audience, turning insights into language that is accessible to everyone. You'll be a part of developing and maintaining a detailed database of reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
Are you able to create high-quality documentation that meets a standard of excellence and appeals to your target audience? Do you have a hunger for knowledge and a genuine curiosity in the tech space? Do you have a knack for finding and understanding the finer details?
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst, Technical Writer, or similar roles would be beneficial
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Teams and Sharepoint) and Atlassian Confluence
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Demonstrates sense of passion and pride about own work.
- Positive attitude and adapts well to change.
- Inspires passion and excitement around shared goals, promoting environment of achievement.
- Confronts and works through tough issues, demonstrating perseverance and a sense of urgency.
- Has a passion for technology, keeps up to date of new technology and developments and understands the potential impact and value to the business.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Positive attitude can work with ambiguity and adapts well to change.
Join us to unlock benefits and opportunities that will boost your career journey in a vibrant, inclusive and fulfilling work environment - so you can #BeYourself
Wellbeing@Rank is important... From hybrid working and colleague support networks to menopause support and weekly PepTalks, we're here for you.
We'll also invest in your growth by providing development opportunities, leadership training and cutting-edge industry certifications so you have the tools and resources to help you work, win and grow with us.
Immerse yourself in new cultures and gain international exposure through our global business. Collaborate with colleagues from around the globe.
From pensions to bonus schemes, and private medical insurance to life insurance - we've got you covered.
*Our benefits vary by brand and/or location. Please have a chat with your local Talent Acquisition specialist to find out what's in place in your location.
The Rank Group are committed to being an inclusive employer, ensuring that we better understand and meet the needs and requirements of our candidates and customers.
We aim to do this by facilitating fair and equal access to our services. If you require a reasonable adjustment to be made, please reach out to let us know ahead of your interview.