Hotel Nights Coordinator - Windsor, Berkshire
Job Type: Full Time
Location: LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, Windsor, SL4 4AY
Hours: Typically follows a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 7:30pm – 7:30am
Reporting to the Hotel Reception Manager the Hotel Nights Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with operational duties, and generally overseeing our AWESOME hotel to ensure that it is running effectively, efficiently and any issues that might arise are dealt with promptly. The most important part of this role is to make sure our overnight guests are having a memorable stay!
You will be leading our Hotel Nights Team, inspiring excellent customer service and leading by example on all guest interactions. You will make sure all health and safety documentation is up to date, records are kept and of course the hotel is well presented, clean and tidy for our overnight guests.
Qualification & Experience
- You will have proven experience carrying out a coordinator, duty manager or team leader role within a hotel environment
- Proven experience of working with the general public in a customer service or guest recovery role, with a passion for exceptional customer service standards
- Comfortable and confident to work night shifts according to the company roster and operational requirements of our Resort Hotels
- We are looking for a self-motivated leader, with excellent communication skills and a guest focussed mindset
- Pay of up to £12.42 per hour
- 40% discount off LEGO sets and products on the online LEGO Store!
- Merlin Magic Pass: 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world!
- 25% discount in Merlin retail shops and restaurants (a brilliant extra treat when you’re using your Magic Pass to visit!)
- Fortnightly pay
- Pro rata holiday allowance based on 28 days full time equivalent
- Private pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training & development
About the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
We are looking for Hotel Nights Coordinator to join our team at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. Our Resort is home to over 55 rides, live shows and attractions and is known the world over as being the ultimate LEGO® theme park experience for families with children aged 2-12 in the UK! Set in 150 acres of parkland, LEGOLAND is home to not only the iconic theme park, but also offers two incredible LEGO themed Hotels plus the brand new Woodland Village opening in 2024! This role is based at the Windsor Resort site – which is pretty awesome if you ask us!
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
If you have any questions or if you require any reasonable adjustments, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.