Central Memberhip/Cluster Lead Manager - The Club Company - Reading, Berkshire
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time
To work as part of a team running the membership database. Responsible for the collection of membership subscriptions via the monthly direct debit and annual cash renewals. Managing the membership base, processing membership changes, suspensions and cancellations. Key contributor to the retention of our membership base, through direct contact with members.
What you need to succeed in this role
- A passion for people. Our members are the lifeblood of our business. We are looking for team who genuinely care about our members and doing their best for them.
- Communication skills. Great interpersonal skills are a must, to communicate and build rapport with our members and site teams.
- Empathy. The ability to deal with our members in an empathetic way, listening to understand.
- Product knowledge. Understanding the membership offering, club facilities, products and services to be able to answer an extensive range of questions from members
- Team player. Ability to work as part of a team, to support and motivate your colleagues
- Negotiation. To be confident with some conflict situations and have the confidence to work to negotiate a resolution
- Adaptability. The business is continually looking for ways to evolve and improve. Team need to be comfortable to adapt to changes to ways of working
- To control the administration and effective collection of Direct Debit payments, including administration of rejections
- Manage the membership base and processing changes, suspensions and cancellations in line with the Club Company Terms and Conditions.
- The administration of membership amendments requested by members or requests from the site teams. This includes membership upgrades/downgrades, suspensions and financial changes
- Responsible for leaver management. Liaising with members regarding a cancellation, looking for opportunities to win-back members. Processing any necessary cancellations
- Manage suspended members. Dealing with requests and processing suspensions where relevant. Liaising with members to re-engage them with the club at the end of their suspension period
- Contribute to the joiner integrity through training the sales teams in proper process and auditing new membership sales
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding membership debt across designated Clubs to meet assigned targets
- To assist with both the Golf and Health annual & monthly renewals by proactive calling members and recovering debt and renewals
- To respond to debt queries via email and telephone
- To assist with the training of the site team to have a solid understanding of membership management at a club level
- To support the designated clubs to assist with membership administration
- Ensuring that the Club Company membership guidelines are adhered to, and appropriate commercial decisions are made where appropriate
- Act as a point of contact for club Sales Team and General Manager
Education and/or Experience
- Degree level experience preferable, but not essential
- English GCSE or equivalent Grade A*-C
- Computer literacy and basic understanding of Microsoft office packages
- Experience of working in a membership-based business is preferable. Some customer facing experience required.
- Experience of working in an administration role
- Negotiation experience desirable but not essential.
A predominantly home-based role, with some travel to clubs for purposes of training/support, product knowledge awareness and team meetings.
This job description has been prepared as a working document to identify the main areas of responsibility. It is not a definitive statement of duties nor excludes any tasks which may be considered reasonable.