Receptionist/Host - Camden, London
FULL TIME / PART TIME ROLE
Starting salary £13 p/h
Please note we operate a late licence in the venue, the role will include late nights and weekends
About the role
We are seeking experienced Receptionists to assist in the operations of The House of Koko.
- As part of reception, being the first point of contact to guests and member as entering the House, but also through the phone and the process of reservations
- Managing enquiries in an efficient manner, sharing information and taking messages as appropriate
- Utilising, updating and optimising Seven Rooms reservations software and People Vine database to help achieve commercial results.
- Having strong understanding of the offering, and able to guide members and answer questions with confidence in every aspect of the business including the THOK, café and theatre
- Allocating seating to maximise covers whilst ensuring efficient service
- Managing the cloakroom, as well as overlooking records of lost and found items.
- Being an ambassador for the KOKO brand values, promote best practice and conduct leading by example
- Building relationships with existing members as well as new members and guests
- Collaborating closely with Hosts, Reservations, Events and membership departments delivering seamless services
- Working alongside the food and beverage team to provide guests and members with the full experience
- Planning out the upcoming services and looking at the week ahead, communicating clearly to encourage information being shared fluently, as appropriate Adhering to health & safety regulations at all time
- You may be asked to assist the restaurant with clearing tables or relaying tables for cohesive services
- Reasonable request may be asked outside of your department for the needs of the business
- Personable, social, customer facing individual with attention to detail and integrity
- You have a passion for service and your values align with the KOKO Brand
- Ability to work independently and within a team, with a solution focussed mindset
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure, with your team as well as our members
- Immaculate personal presentation with excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
With The House of KOKO, you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where we blend hospitality and entertainment to an experience like no other!
The multi-faceted venue hosts 3 restaurants and 8 bars, designed to offer a unique experience to each member and guest.
Our company culture at KOKO is conscious and independent and defines everything we do. We are creating a diverse, inclusive, and democratic community and you could be involved at a pivotal point in the journey. KOKO will have a huge cultural impact on London’s music landscape, hosting over 1000 artists a year, from all around the world and constantly breaking new acts.
Join us on the journey to rewrite the rules, as we deliver an unparalleled experience in design, curation and hospitality in music and entertainment. We are seeking like-minded individuals who are aligned on our mission to protect the future of live performance and support our commitment to culture, creativity, and connection.
As a KOKO employee
At KOKO, we commit to offering benefits of industry standard:
- Fortnightly pay for hourly employees
- Pension contribution scheme
- Staff meals on duty
- Tronc and gratuity scheme
- Flexible working
KOKO’s signature benefits also include;
- Discounts across the venues
- Taxi contribution scheme
- Exclusive ticket access
- Wellness app
- Employee assistance program
- Referral scheme and bonus for introductions
..And more to come!
Please note that we can only consider applicants with right to work in the UK.