Hotel Operations Duty Manager - Windsor, Berkshire
Job Type: Full Time
Location: LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, Windsor, SL4 4AY
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, across a 7-day rota (any 5 days out of 7), regular evenings and weekends, occasional night shift cover
The role of Hotel Operations Duty Manager is hugely exciting, as you’ll have the opportunity to be part of the opening team for our BRAND-NEW overnight accommodations: The LEGOLAND® Woodland Village!
You will be a hands-on and very visible manager, leading your team to deliver the highest possible level of guest satisfaction. The Hotel Operations Duty Manager will take ownership of the daily running of our overnight accommodations, always making sure our guests and your colleagues receive the best possible service, including the beautiful (and clean!) presentation of all guest and staff areas.
Supporting the Senior Front of House Manager, you will assist with the recruitment, training and ongoing coaching of the Hotel guest experience hosting team, empowering excellence at every opportunity. Naturally you will respond to guest feedback on the day, and approach any escalated guest feedback with professionalism, calmness and courtesy, maintaining and showcasing the Merlin company values at all times.
Not only will you have the chance to work in our new overnight accommodations, you will also work across our existing, Brick-tastic, hotels, making meaningful connections with your colleagues and our guests.
Please note, internally this role is known as Hotel Operations Duty Manager - Front of House
Qualifications & Experience
- Hotel or hospitality experience is essential, ideally in a Front of House / Reception Duty role
- Experience in delivering exceptional guest interactions within a fast-paced Hotel role
- Ideally, you’ll have managed a team before, and have experience with driving your team to deliver on set KPI targets
- Knowledge of risk assessments and wider Health and Safety procedures and protocols
- Approaches guest feedback with empathy, resilience, and realism
- Of course you’ll have a positive attitude and a love of FUN
- 40% discount off LEGO sets and products on the online LEGO Store!
- Merlin Magic Pass: 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world!
- 25% discount in Merlin retail shops and restaurants (a brilliant extra treat when you’re using your Magic Pass to visit!)
- Private pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training & development
About the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
We are looking for a Hotel Operations Duty Manager to join our AWESOME team at the UK’s favourite children’s theme park; the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is the ultimate destination for families with children age 2-12. The Resort is home to two awesome LEGO themed Hotels and a host of rides, shows and attractions built around the iconic LEGO® brick. This role is based at the Windsor theme park, located in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
If you have any questions or if you require any reasonable adjustments, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.