French Speaking Bar Person - Skibound Winter 23/24
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our clubhotel business. You will be based at our lively club Hotel Skilt in the French Alps resort of Les Menuires.
What will I be doing as a French Speaking Bar Person Waiter/waitress?
This role is based in Les Menuires which is a lively resort within the 3 valleys region of the French Alps. Skibound run a unique operation in Les Menuires – As well as running our Skilt club Hotel for our school guests, a lively terrace bar and restaurant is attached to the club Hotel which is open to all holiday makers and ski staff in the resort!
Les Menuires welcomes guests from all around the world but has a high population of native-French speakers visiting throughout the winter season – So, as the name suggests, French speaking is a vital element of this role! You’ll be confident in both French and English to welcome guests and show them to their table, take their food and drink order, answer any questions they might have about the menu and deal with any problems that might arise.
When you’re not delivering fantastic customer service to our guests, your rota may consist of snow clearing from the terrace, putting away deliveries, cleaning the bar and restaurant, making drinks at the bar and anything else that’s needed to make sure the service runs smoothly!
From a mid-morning hot chocolate and alpine lunch.. to live music in the evening and piste-side position in resort, our Skilt property has it all! This role isn’t for the faint-hearted as it’s fast-paced service from dawn to dusk but both the job role and resort are an absolute favourite with our Skibound teams!
Note that we employee charismatic team players here at Skibound.. you need to be outgoing and flexible in your approach to work. You will be required not only to work behind the bar and on the terrace, but also in the Hotel restaurant, maybe even the pot wash if need be.. and when it comes to changing over the hotel for new guests our motto is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We thrive on positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required and definitely experienced!
What skills and experience will I need to be a French Speaking Bar Person Waiter/Waitress?
- As the name suggests, a good level of spoken French is essential… and it really must be much more than just a Bonjour!
- Previous bar or restaurant experience
- Previous customer facing work preferably in a hospitality setting
- Cash and card handling experience in a busy environment
- Enjoys working within a large team – but can show initiative and work independently if needed!
- Confident in juggling multiple tasks and knowing when to prioritise
- Confident and outgoing
What can Skibound offer me as a French Speaking Bar Person this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros. All staff will be on a French contract for winter 23/24.
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire.
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2023 to April 2024
- You must be 18 or over to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders will also be considered but will go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just one Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply individually for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications