Chef de Partie (Skilt or Club Hotel) - Skibound Winter 23/24
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business.
You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Chef de Partie?
At Skibound, we offer our school guests a set menu over the course of their stay, with cold buffet options available for breakfast, a buffet style lunch with anything from soups, salads, jacket potatoes, marinated chicken wings and build-your-own-sandwiches and a 2 course sit down evening meal. Our food caters to a younger palette and a more advanced menu for our adult guests.
Unique to our Skilt club Hotel in Les Menuires, we also operate a busy bar and restaurant for any holiday makers in the resort. The Skilt is one of the busiest and most popular establishments in the entire resort as it is placed right at the bottom of one of the most popular pistes. This is an a la carte menu operating from lunchtime to dinner service. Our menu is perfect for hungry skiers looking for a quick bite to eat or a more sophisticated meal in the evening, from Croque Monsieur and pasta dishes at lunchtime to tuna niçoise salad and high-quality steak at dinnertime.
As a Chef de Partie with Skibound you will report to either your head chef or sous chef. You will be happy to take direction and work collaboratively with your team but also show confidence in leading the junior kitchen brigade when needed.
This is a very hands-on roll and includes cooking alongside your team, as well as managing stock control and reviewing health and safety standards across the kitchen.
Working in the mountains is an experience like no other, we will provide you with training on how things are done in a French kitchen.
You will be passionate about food and relish feedback you receive from happy and full guests. You and your team will also be responsible for providing delicious staff meals to keep the club Hotel team motivated throughout the season.
You will learn from your Head Chef but also be happy to share your own experiences and knowledge with more junior members of the team. You will be approachable so your team can come to you for help in the kitchen.
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a Chef De Partie?
- Previous experience as a Chef de Partie
- Happy to take direction from the Head/Sous Chef.
- Confident in leading a kitchen team when required.
- Experience of independent stock control.
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements.
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean.
- Resourcefulness – at the top of the mountain you’ll need to be creative with ingredients, menus and available equipment.
What can Skibound offer me as a Chef de Partie this winter season?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros. All staff will be on a French contract for winter 23/24
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire.
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2023 to April 2024
- You must be 18 or over by November 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders are considered and must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply individually for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications