General Assistant - Skibound Winter 23/24
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business.
You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a General Assistant?
As you might have already guessed from the name… A General Assistant has a big array of general duties across our Skibound club Hotels – Variety really is the name of the game!
A key focus of your role will be cleaning and housekeeping duties ensuring that guests bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas are spick and span for our guests! This might be a daily check of guest rooms to ensure that bins are emptied, and toilet roll has been replenished or it might be a deep clean of the whole hotel on a busy Saturday change over day with beds to be stripped and re-made, getting on your hands and knees to bleach the bathrooms and hoovering bedrooms and hallways.
You’ll also be a warm and friendly face in our restaurant at mealtimes to ensure that breakfast, lunch and dinner run like clockwork for our hungry school guests! Whether it’s setting out cold breakfast items, laying tables or replenishing buffet items, you’ll need to show initiative to make sure our guests are well looked after.
As a General Assistant you’ll be an invaluable team player with a willingness to help your team-mates across all departments of the hotel when needed – This could range from covering night porter shifts, stepping into the kitchen to help with pot wash, jumping on your hotels bar to serve drinks and merchandise to teachers and students, clearing snow from paths and balconies and assisting in Ski Operation Team.
Finally, we’re sure you’ll agree that as a General Assistant you’ll be busy and have lots to learn but you’ll never be bored! Check out what skills and experience you need below and be sure to apply today!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a General Assistant?
- Customer service experience
- Hospitality experience
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience is a bonus – but don’t worry, we’ll provide full training if this bit is new to you!
- Happy to work efficiently on individual tasks as well as part of a team
- Motivated to do a job to a high standard
- Happy to try new things and undertake role specific training
What can Skibound offer me as a General Assistant this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros. All staff will be on a French contract for winter 23/24
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid November 2023 to April 2024
- You must be 18 or over by November 2023 to apply.
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders are considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just one Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply individually for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications