Handyperson with General Assistant duties - Skibound Winter 23/24
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business.
You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Handyperson with General Assistant duties?
This is a dual role with 2 key focuses: utilising your maintenance knowledge to keep things running smoothly and safely across our club Hotel and being at the heart of our guest experience as a General Assistant. We have 1 Handyperson with General Assistant duties in each of our club Hotels.
During the busy Winter season, our hotels require some TLC. Leaky taps, bunk bed repairs, snow clearing, fixing door hinges and light bulb changing are all in a day’s work as a Handyperson. When a problem is reported, you’ll be ready to solve it – but don’t forget! You’ll be working at the top of a mountain, so you’ll need to be resourceful as new materials or replacement parts aren’t always readily available!
In your Handyperson duties the safety of our guests and staff will be your ultimate priority so doing a job to a good standard is essential!
Then when you’re not needed on maintenance tasks, your job role will be assisting in other departments of the hotel. This could be jumping on the bar, covering a Kitchen/Nightporter shift or even helping in the restaurant, public areas and rooms. A wide variety…. But its good to be busy!
You’ll also be a warm and friendly face around our guests. Particularly working in the restaurant your charisma, organization and knowledge will ensure our guests are well looked after.
As a Handy person / General Assistant, you’ll be an invaluable team player with a willingness to help your team-mates across all departments of the hotel when needed.
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a Handyperson with General Assistant duties?
- No formal qualifications needed but previous experience in maintenance or a specific trade is essential e.g., basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry experience is a must.
- Pay close attention to health and safety details and complete all tasks to a high standard no matter how small the job.
- Any customer service, hospitality and cleaning experience is a bonus – but don’t worry, we’ll provide full training if this bit is new to you!
- Happy to work efficiently on individual tasks as well as part of a team.
- Happy to try new things and undertake role specific training.
What can Skibound offer me as a Handyperson with General Assistant duties this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros. All staff will be on a French contract for winter 23/24
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire.
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2023 to end of April 2024
- You must be 18 or over by November 2023 to apply.
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa.
- Please apply for just one Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions.
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply individually for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application.
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications.