Assistant Store Manager - Evans Cycles - Trowbridge
We've come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then, we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA - we're still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operates on a global scale.
The Assistant Manager at Evans Cycles plays a crucial role in supporting the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store. This role involves leadership, customer service, sales, and management responsibilities.
- Leadership: Assist the Store Manager in leading and motivating the store team to achieve sales targets and provide exceptional customer service.
- Customer Service: Set a high standard for customer service and ensure that the team delivers a positive and knowledgeable experience to customers.
- Sales and Merchandising: Help drive sales by working with the team to meet or exceed sales goals. Ensure that products are displayed attractively and in an organized manner.
- Staff Training and Development: Assist in the training and development of store staff, including product knowledge, sales techniques, and customer service skills.
- Inventory Management: Help manage store inventory, including stock levels, restocking, and inventory accuracy. Assist in regular stocktakes.
- Cash Handling: Oversee cash handling procedures, including cash register operations and reconciliations.
- Customer Feedback: Gather and relay customer feedback to the Store Manager and provide input on ways to improve the customer experience.
- Opening and Closing Duties: Assist in opening and closing the store, ensuring security procedures are followed.
- Safety and Compliance: Promote and maintain a safe and compliant store environment, adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Administrative Tasks: Complete various administrative tasks, such as scheduling, payroll, and reports, as directed by the Store Manager.
- Previous retail management experience, preferably in the cycling or sporting goods industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Sales-oriented with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Knowledge and passion for cycling and cycling products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required by the store's operating hours.
We've got a lot to offer..
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Commission led bonuses across a wide range of products
- Monthly Group Rewards and Recognition
- Join the Fearless1000 Incentive Scheme watch THIS video to find out more
- We offer a wide range of Development Courses with National Qualifications
- 40% Instore Uniform Discount
- Discounted Gym membership
- Group Wide 20% Discount across all Fascia.
- Ride-To-Work Scheme (Eligibility subject to terms and conditions)