Chef Academy Trainee - Peterborough
Chef Academy Trainee Competitive + Benefits Holiday Inn Peterborough West, PE3 6SG Why join us?
As well as being rewarded with fantastic benefits, training and development, you'll be joining one of UK's Top 6 Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2023!
- Stays across the UK at employee rate (a HUGE discount!)
- Discounted Friends and Family rates (that'll make you really popular!)
- 50% off food and beverage in our hotels
- A range of development and apprenticeship programmes
- We're committed to your development and progression with lots of promotion opportunities
- You'll get all meals on duty (because hard work is hungry work!)
- Uniform provided
- We're big on all things reward and recognition and celebrate success throughout the year
- Commitment to your health and well-being
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted use of leisure facilities
- Refer a Friend incentives to influence your earning potential.
THIS RECIPE MAKES
You, destined for big things!
Valor Chef Academy Level 2 - 12 Months, with the option to progress onto two further levels, which could see you become a Head Chef within five years, or perhaps you'd prefer to head into the wider operation - the world is your oyster.
A full cup of enthusiasm and cooking passion
100g of determination
2 tbsp. of attention to detail
A splash of creativity
A big cup of flexibility and commitment
Seasoned with an interest in developing your career in the Hotel industry.
- Our method for greatness begins with peeling back the layers of what it means to be successful in chef industry and our growing hotel portfolio. You'll learn all the foundations of what it means to become an exceptional Chef, right from day one.
- Our Chef Academy is unique, as you progress through our Academy you'll have the opportunity to visit places such as Billingsgate Market where you'll gain an understanding of how produce starts its journey to our plates, alongside practical, interactive classes and learning how to number-crunch, while working in our busy (but fun!) kitchens, recreating dishes from our menu for our guests.
- We know the start of your journey may seem overwhelming, which is why you will receive not only the support of your Head Chef, Operations and General Manager as well as a personal tutor who will support your learning throughout your programme.
- Because you will have tons of ambition - you'll have your sights set on becoming a Head Chef and beyond, which is why, if you stick with us and progress onto further stages of our Chef Academy - you'll undertake a tailor-made course that centres around developing your leadership skills, financial knowledge and commercial skills, all things that will make you an outstanding leader in our industry.
- Your success is our success and it means a lot to us - so we want to make sure you are rewarded for your commitment. So, not only do we pay way above the National Apprenticeship Wage (in fact, we pay the National Living Wage for our apprentices) - you'll also benefit from a whole heap of additional benefits, including:
- Joining an award-winning employer that is focused on our people
- We're big on reward and recognition, celebrating success throughout the year
- F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
- Employee rate and friends and family stays across our global portfolio (this'll make you really popular...)
- Incremental holiday allowance based on length of service
- We are committed to your health and wellbeing
- Access to our leisure club across selected locations.
What you'll become a part of
Valor Hospitality is a trusted, multiple award winning, and full service, international hospitality company operating in the US, UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are reimagining hospitality internationally, creating great ROI, driving commerciality with creativity and innovation. Recognised by owners, investors and developers as an innovative and trusted partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
Here in the UK we operate 35 properties across the brands of Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hotel Indigo, AC by Marriott Hotels and Courtyard by Marriott, in various locations throughout the UK. The Company continues to have ambitious development and growth plans.
Set just minutes from the A1(M) and 2.5 miles from the city centre, Holiday Inn Peterborough West is easy to reach and offers impeccable comfort. The hotel has 14 high-tech conference rooms that can accommodate up to 450 guests, 133 stylish bedrooms, a welcoming restaurant and lounge bar and a health and leisure club with extensive facilities including a gymnasium and heated swimming pool.
Valor Hospitality Europe has established itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit https://valorhospitality.com/ to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.