Kitchen Porter - Manchester
Kitchen Porter 10,836.80 plus gratuities and great benefits DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester Piccadilly, M1 3DG Why join us?
As well as being rewarded with fantastic benefits, training and development, you'll be joining one of UK's Top 6 Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2023!
- Stays across the UK at employee rate (a HUGE discount!)
- Discounted Friends and Family rates (that'll make you really popular!)
- 50% off food and beverage in our hotels
- A range of development and apprenticeship programmes
- We're committed to your development and progression with lots of promotion opportunities
- You'll get all meals on duty (because hard work is hungry work!)
- Uniform provided
- We're big on all things reward and recognition and celebrate success throughout the year
- Commitment to your health and well-being
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted use of leisure facilities
- Refer a Friend incentives to influence your earning potential.
The Role (20 hours)
As 'Kitchen Porter' you'll be fastidious in your approach to keeping our kitchen running as efficiently as possible by ensuring the crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment and service areas are kept clean and ready for use. You'll have high standards when it comes to cleaning and be meticulous about the health and safety of both staff and guests alike. You'll take ownership and pride in your work and will support the Chefs in delivering an excellent service.
What you'll be doing
- Customer service
- Working as part of a great team
- Cleaning of crockery, cutlery, kitchen surfaces and equipment
- Storage of crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment
- Maintaining health and safety standards
- Working closely with all colleagues
- Available to work when the team and customer needs you
What'll make you a great fit for us here at Valor
Behind every great kitchen is a wizard of washing up!
Can you make dirty dishes disappear? Do you know the spell for sensational scrubbing?
We're looking for someone bubbly, with polished cleaning skills to help us keep our kitchen in order.
At Valor we aim to give our guests glistening service with every dish. The kitchen is at the heart of each of our hotels and helps us to provide delicious experiences each and every day.
You'll need to be a team player with exceptional organisational skills, as well as speedy with a sponge.
So, if you're a champion of clean and a scouring superstar, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll become a part of
Valor Hospitality is a trusted, multiple award winning, and full service, international hospitality company operating in the US, UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are reimagining hospitality internationally, creating great ROI, driving commerciality with creativity and innovation. Recognised by owners, investors and developers as an innovative and trusted partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
Here in the UK we operate 35 properties across the brands of Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hotel Indigo, AC by Marriott Hotels and Courtyard by Marriott, in various locations throughout the UK. The Company continues to have ambitious development and growth plans.
This stylish and convenient hotel is located in the heart of the city center, close to all local attractions and main business, shopping and nightlife areas. Situated in a prime location the hotel is connected to Manchester's mainline train station via a bridge directly in to the hotel. Guests can relax in a choice of 285 comfortable guest rooms all enhanced by spectacular views across Manchester via the floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests can drop into Store Street Exchange our stunning foodie theatre where food and drink becomes performance art. For meetings and events the hotel includes a large number of rooms that can accommodate up to 130 guests for a sit-down dinner or a reception for up to 150 people.
Valor Hospitality Europe has established itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit https://valorhospitality.com/ to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.