Night Auditor - St Andrews, Fife
Fairmont St. Andrews encapsulates luxury and this experience begins and ends with our colleagues. Fairmont St Andrews is one of Scotland’s most iconic 5-star luxury hotels and resorts in the home of golf.
Our 213-bedroom property is located on the outskirts of St Andrews, boasting 2 championship golf courses and an award-winning spa and leisure facility. With multiple food and beverage venues on site, including our two AA Rosette Restaurant, St Andrews Clubhouse & Grill - serving the finest Scottish steak and seafood, we are able to offer our guests a world class experience for dining and leisure activities, right here on property.
Within 20 minutes from Leuchars Railway station and 35 minutes from Dundee, we are an easy commute from numerous Scottish destinations.
Job Title: Night Auditor
Location: St Andrews, Fife
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
As Night Auditor you will ensure that end of day procedures and subsequent reports are completed in an accurate and efficient manner. Maintain overnight service and security of guests and property in the absence of the Night Manager.
You will assist the night team to achieve maximum room occupancy and that all bookings/guests are treated with a high standard of service in respect of customer contact, accommodation, accounts and enquires.
A little bit about what you will be doing:
- Provide operational assistance during the night in the absence of other Departmental Colleagues/Managers in order to ensure seamless delivery of quality service to the standard experienced during the day
- To carry out the End of Day functions for Property Manager and Point of Sale systems as laid down by Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Standard Operating Procedures
- Handle any relocated guests, guest concerns and resolve any problems experienced by guests or visitors in the absence of the relevant managers
- Ensure the security of the hotel, it’s guest and visitors through regular checks throughout the night in conjunction security and Standard Operating Procedures
- To be able to deal with advance reservations, taking bookings and special requirements, where necessary
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
- Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
What is in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Staff shuttle service to/from St Andrews
- Complimentary staff canteen
- 50% off dining in our Food and Beverage outlets
- Employee rates for Spa treatments and green fees
- Access to gym and pool services
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Regular social events
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities.
Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities.
Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."