Stewarding Supervisor - St Andrews, Fife
Fairmont St. Andrews encapsulates luxury and this experience begins and ends with our colleagues. Fairmont St Andrews is one of Scotland’s most iconic 5-star luxury hotels and resorts in the home of golf.
Our 213-bedroom property is located on the outskirts of St Andrews, boasting 2 championship golf courses and an award-winning spa and leisure facility. With multiple food and beverage venues on site, including our two AA Rosette Restaurant, St Andrews Clubhouse & Grill - serving the finest Scottish steak and seafood, we are able to offer our guests a world class experience for dining and leisure activities, right here on property.
Within 20 minutes from Leuchars Railway station and 35 minutes from Dundee, we are an easy commute from numerous Scottish destinations.
Job Title: Stewarding Supervisor
Location: St Andrews, Fife
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a committed and hardworking Stewarding Supervisor to join our fantastic Back of House team at Fairmont St Andrews.
You will be responsible for the daily cleaning of all areas around the refuse collection and to ensure that all packaging is crushed and handled safely using the compactor to reduce environmental impact from the hotel wastage.
A little bit about what you will be doing:
- To mentor an induction schedule for each team member joining the department and follow through and address any issues that arise
- To ensure that productivity levels are optimised through close supervision, correct scheduling of staff and holiday planning
- To identify the training requirements, organise and follow through the on the job training for the department, in close liaison with the Executive Chef
- To constantly monitor and check the personal hygiene and appearance of all staff at all times as well as ensuring that staff are trained to be respectful and disciplined towards colleagues, the hotel, equipment and materials
- To be fully aware and comply with all statutory requirements on health and safety and all aspects of the hotel’s Health and Safety Policy
- Someone with a bright, engaging and warm personality
- High standards of grooming, presentation and professionalism
- Highly motivated and ambitious, with a great sense of pride in their work
- Actively and collaboratively assists in building the best practices necessary for the company and departments success
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn, develop and progress within the resort
- Staff shuttle service to/from St Andrews
- Complimentary staff canteen
- 50% off dining in our Food and Beverage outlets
- Employee rates for Spa treatments and green fees
- Access to gym and pool services
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Regular social events
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities. Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities. Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."