Training, Development & Quality Manager - St Andrews, Fife
Fairmont St. Andrews encapsulates luxury and this experience begins and ends with our colleagues. Fairmont St Andrews is one of Scotland’s most iconic 5-star luxury hotels and resorts in the home of golf.
Our 213-bedroom property is located on the outskirts of St Andrews, boasting 2 championship golf courses and an award-winning spa and leisure facility. With multiple food and beverage venues on site, including our two AA Rosette Restaurant, St Andrews Clubhouse & Grill - serving the finest Scottish steak and seafood, we are able to offer our guests a world class experience for dining and leisure activities, right here on property.
Within 20 minutes from Leuchars Railway station and 35 minutes from Dundee, we are an easy commute from numerous Scottish destinations.
Job Title: Training, Development & Quality Manager
Location: St Andrews, Fife
A key member of the Talent & Culture Team, The Training, Development and Quality Manager will be responsible for the development of all levels of Colleagues in creating a culture committed to “Turning Moments into Memories for our Guests”.
In collaboration with the Director of Talent & Culture, the creation, implementation and facilitation of Fairmont St Andrews training strategy.
To create an energetic and exciting learning environment across the hotel while ensuring we work towards improving knowledge; skills and behaviours that are needed to drive business results.
To lead, develop and coach all levels of Colleagues to realise both personal and organizational goals.
A little bit about what you will be doing:
- Support succession planning with the required training.
- To maintain an efficient and systematic administration of all training related matters ensuring records are up-dated and current.
- To help co-ordinate social events when required.
- To ensure all training in the hotel is executed to a high standard reflective of our luxury environment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties required by the management team.
- Assist with general support in the Talent & Culture Office and participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Complete an annual learning and development needs analysis to ensure that the training needs of the business are identified.
- Produce an annual training plan for the hotel to ensure that identified learning and development needs are met in a structured and systematic manner.
- Identify latest thinking & industry wide best practice in training processes & delivery to ensure excellence in all training, education & talent development.
- Complete post training evaluation on training delivered in the business to ensure that training is effective and meets the training objectives.
- Regularly meet, coach, support and motivate departmental trainers to ensure they are supported in meeting the on-the-job training requirements of their departments.
- Facilitate and ensure all new colleagues complete all orientation programmes satisfactorily
- Ensure all legislative training is up to date
- Carry out effective training on a range of subjects
- Monitor Voice of the Guest, Trust You and Trip Advisor. LQA and CES results and support appropriate follow-up actions through collaboration with the Talent & Culture and Executive Team.
- To support the operation (Food & Beverage & Rooms) with on the job training
- Coordinate, conduct, or facilitate in-house Audits to ensure standards are met.
- Communicate information about training events in a timely and engaging manner to ensure the hotel is kept up to date about training and development activities.
- To issue monthly hotel Learning Calendar.
- To review and recommend external training courses/material to meet identified hotel training needs.
- 2 years’ experience in the 5 Star Hospitality / Service Industry, with minimum of two years in a Human Resources Leadership / Management role; previous extensive training experience a definite asset.
- Post-secondary education: HR Management Certificate or degree/diploma an asset.
- Confident & dynamic public speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Creative, effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Proven organisational skills, works well on their own, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of; HR Perspectives, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint & Publisher.
- Staff shuttle service to/from St Andrews
- Complimentary staff canteen
- 50% off dining in our Food and Beverage outlets
- Discounted hotel rates world wide
- Employee rates for Spa treatments and green fees
- Access to gym and pool services
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Regular social events
- Pension Plan
"Diversity & Inclusion for Accor means welcoming each and everyone and respecting their differences by giving priority only to qualities and skills in extending employment and development opportunities.
Our ambition is to provide meaningful employment, a warm and welcoming culture, excellent working conditions and to promote the development of all people, including those with disabilities.
Do not hesitate to let us know of any specific needs you may have so that we can take them into consideration."