Project Manager (Estates) - Manchester, Greater Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Being curious and open to new ideas? It's an iQ thing.
iQ is one of the UK's biggest providers of student accommodation, committed to giving our 30,000 students in 77 sites across 29 UK cities their best year yet. Our London- and Manchester-based support teams are the oil that keeps the iQ wheels turning, providing our brilliant site teams (circa 600 employees) with everything they need to deliver a fantastic student experience every day.
The iQ Support functions cover everything from Real Estate and Legal to Marketing, People and Finance, but what we all have in common is our uncompromising commitment to doing the right thing, even when nobody's watching. The iQ thing.
iQers are a pretty special bunch. Our team is bursting with independent thinkers and problem solvers, who join us to explore what's possible and build a career as part of a diverse, fun and supportive team. If you have people skills, personality and potential, you're already our cup of tea. Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever?
We are looking Project Manager who will work closely with the Senior Programme Manager, Cost Manager and with allied work streams across Capital Projects; Estates, Refurbishment, Development and the Building Improvement Programme across the whole of iQ Student Accommodation's UK portfolio.
- Ongoing management on behalf of the business to ensure that desired workstream outcomes / objectives are delivered
- Undertake duties as requested by the Head of Estates & Senior Programme Manager to deliver and implement project works
- Ensure allocated projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Ensure proactive risk and opportunity management is escalated and linked into the overall programme
- Proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure operations teams are engaged on programme of works and are consulted when programming works at sites
- Undertake planning, procuring and project managing any project works that may arise (inclusive of Lifecycle works), maintaining the delivery of project related records, updating asset registers and maintenance systems accordingly, project administration from inception to completion, including management of budgets and project finance
- Instruct building/asset surveys, including related historic data, and interrupt reports/surveys to advise business of right course of action
- Work with and closely manage contractors and consultants
- Communicate regularly with operations managers/stakeholders on project related matters
- Develop new systems and procedures to continually challenge the norms, looking for efficiencies including the development of Planned and Preventative Maintenance system.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in project management ideally in a construction environment, facilities management or property services
- Proven experience in construction or maintenance environment
- Supply chain management
- IT literate – experience of using MS Office, Project and AutoCad
- Qualifications in building services, surveying, project management or construction discipline
- Experienced in managing budgets and project finance
- Health and safety knowledge
- Compliance experience and knowledgeable
- Good communication, influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Degree in a construction or Real Estate related discipline
- Knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract
In exchange, you'll receive loads of great benefits, and the opportunity to work as part of a fun, supportive team in a business that's definitely going places. Working at iQ is so much more than a job, it's the chance to carve out your future and build a career in a truly diverse and fun environment.
Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever? Apply today!
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- Additional day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension: we match your contributions up to 8%
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Access to thousand's of discounts and offers at shops you know and love
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working policy