Project Manager - London Bridge / Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Being curious and open to new ideas? It's an iQ thing.
iQ is one of the UK's biggest providers of student accommodation, committed to giving our 30,000 students in 77 sites across 29 UK cities their best year yet.
Our London- and Manchester-based support teams are the oil that keeps the iQ wheels turning, providing our brilliant site teams (circa 600 employees) with everything they need to deliver a fantastic student experience every day. The iQ Support functions cover everything from Real Estate and Legal to Marketing, People and Finance, but what we all have in common is our uncompromising commitment to doing the right thing, even when nobody's watching. The iQ thing.
What makes a great iQer?
iQers are a pretty special bunch. Our team is bursting with independent thinkers and problem solvers, who join us to explore what's possible and build a career as part of a diverse, fun and supportive team. If you have people skills, personality and potential, you're already our cup of tea. Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever?
About the Role
Are you an experienced Project Manager? Have you worked on Building Improvement Projects? Due to growth in our projects and programme we have an exciting opportunity for not one but two BIP Project Managers to join an expanding professional team. Working with a Senior Programme Manager, you shall collaborate to help manage and delivery new projects from inception through to completion. Our Building Improvement Programme focuses on improving the quality of our portfolio ensuring that we have the best buildings in the sector. It's an iQ thing!
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of projects tasks within agreed timeframes and budget
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager with developing and maintaining our relationship with key stakeholders
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager with setting programme delivery strategy in consultation with key stakeholders
- Assisting the Senior Programme Manager with establishing programme delivery plans and appropriate control mechanisms to assure delivery of projects and responsible for the delivery of change control process
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced Project Manager with proven experience successfully delivering projects and programmes of work, experience in building improvement (desirable but not essential)
- Experience from developer, operator, contractor or consulting background
- Relevant professional qualification or chartered status beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in JCT forms of contract
We are looking for 2 Project Managers for the team, we will be look at either both being London based or one Manchester based and one London based. We work a hybrid working model a with 2/3 days in our office (London Bridge and Manchester).
Apply today and find out what it's like to work at iQ!
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- Additional day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension: we match your contributions up to 8%
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Access to thousand's of discounts and offers at shops you know and love
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working policy