Operations Manager - Plymouth, Devon
iQ is one of the UK's biggest providers of student accommodation, committed to giving our 30,000 students in 76 sites across 29 UK cities their best year yet.
Our Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of running efficient, safe, and profitable sites whilst focusing on the company's key objective of giving our students their best year yet! This role is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to really make an impact on our student's experience with IQ!
In a nutshell, being an Operations Manager means making sure the students who stay with us always feel at home. That could be coaching and leading your team or ensuring your site is health and safety compliant. You might need to develop and maintain new and existing relationships with universities, You could be conducting monthly financial performance reviews or overseeing the organising of an event for our students . No two days are ever the same, but you'll be part of an iQ family that will always have your back. Did we mention that's an iQ thing too?
- Coaching, developing and motivating your team to drive performance
- Having a proactive and strategic approach to people planning
- Promoting resident satisfaction and retention by actively attracting five-star reviews and ensuring any complaints and service issues are dealt with appropriately
- Being accountable for leasing performance in your cluster
- Conducting monthly financial performance reviews for each site
- Ensuring resident welfare and offering support services where appropriate
- Managing and monitoring compliance in line with health and safety standards
- Responsible for scheduling planned maintenance and reporting processes
What makes a great iQer?
First and foremost, we're looking for an enthusiastic leader who thrives in a get-stuff-done kind of environment. You won't mind rolling your sleeves up, with bags of Leadership and great communications skills. You'll have some management, but that could be in a hotel, gym or restaurant – we're much more interested in your people skills, personality and potential.
In exchange, you'll receive loads of great benefits, and the opportunity to work as part of a fun, supportive team in a business that's definitely going places.
Working at iQ is so much more than a job, it's the chance to carve out your future and build a career in a truly diverse and fun environment. Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever?