Event Planner - London
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets, design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
As an Event Planner you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 30 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venues.
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: up to 32,000 per annum
The Gherkin is an iconic London landmark in the heart of The City of London. Our venue is located at the top of this iconic building, on levels 37, 38, 39 and 40. We are famous for our corporate events, beautiful weddings, private dining events with a spectacular view as well as delicious food, famous Champagne and cocktails served in our Helix Restaurant and Iris Bar on top of the building over the weekends
We are looking for a personable individual to join our Sales & Events Team to assist with as Events Planner to assist in planning and executing a variety of functions across the venue.
APPLLICANTS MUST HAVE VALID RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK!
- To help in the preparation of the function sheets requirements including audio visual equipment, flowers, linen and entertainment (where necessary) and obtain quotations to send to clients for confirmation.
- To help oversee the banqueting diary (Salesforce) ensuring that all information is accurate and up to date and that all the correct revenue has been inputted.
- To ensure that all BEO correspondence is dealt with promptly and communicated effectively with other departments.
- To organise the successful operation of the events area with the assistance of the relevant department heads.
- Assistance in coping and distribution of the weekly BEO's to all relevant parties.
- To regularly brief and update the events team with any information that is relevant to the business of the day/week i.e., amendments of the BEO's and to attend operational meetings where required.
- To liaise with the client about their event including up-selling and special requirement checks. To actively up sell the events facilities to increase average spends and revenue for external clients.
- To greet clients on arrival making sure that the event is as they require, and ensuring that any on the day changes are passed on where necessary, to the operational team.
- Update the deposit schedule on Delphi and ensure that billing invoices are done in a timely manner and passed on to head office for processing.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to as described in the Searcy Health & Safety Policy.
- To attend all meetings and training courses as requested by the Senior event Manager.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required to achieve the objectives and targets of the sales and events team
- To represent Searcys in a professional manner at all times in your behaviour, appearance and knowledge.
- Any other reasonable request by management
- A passion for events & hospitality
- An ambitious individual keen to grow and develop
- Previous experience as a sales executive in a hospitality/events venue
- Excellent industry knowledge - venues/ set ups/ client needs/ F&B
- Previous experience of working within a client facing corporate environment
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Meticulous administration, coordination and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (internally and externally).
- Proactive and excellent time management.
- Ability to think creatively
- English language - Fluent or bilingual proficiency.
Searcys, Britain's oldest catering and restaurant brand, was established in 1847. We are best known for our Champagne Bars, Restaurants, and stunning Events Venues in iconic destinations such as 116 Pall Mall, The Barbican, The HAC, The Gherkin, and St Pancras International.
Our commitment to delivering unparalleled service, quality, and innovation is reflected in every aspect of our brand. At Searcys, we recognise the value of individuality and actively embrace the diversity of our teams, as they are the cornerstone of our success.
If you share our passion for the hospitality industry and seek a dynamic work environment that celebrates your unique strengths, we would love for you to join our team!